Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Youngest granddaughter is here today - oh my actual goodness I had forgotten how much she talks, non-stop since I picked her up this morning 😂 most of it starts with "nana shall we just....." or "nana I'm going to...…"

Five minutes respite now as she is off 'making music' with grandad - yay! btw "nana it's amazing, I love making music" 🤣

Thought I would just pop on here to see if young Froglet had posted today as she wasn't feeling well ……. hmm no sign then

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Youngest granddaughter is here today - oh my actual goodness I had forgotten how much she talks, non-stop since I picked her up this morning 😂 most of it starts with "nana shall we just....." or "nana I'm going to...…"

Five minutes respite now as she is off 'making music' with grandad - yay! btw "nana it's amazing, I love making music" 🤣

Thought I would just pop on here to see if young Froglet had posted today as she wasn't feeling well ……. hmm no sign then

Hello, thanks for thinking of me. I’m ok, just feeling a bit fragile - no idea what that was but I feel like eating again! Just taking it easy today. 

• Like 3

Good to hear you're feeling a bit better today. 💐🍪

I posted off my accounts today, so I now feel a weight of my shoulders 😃 I did try and submit online yesterday but I couldn't get logged in- hence the wine so early.

Relaxing day after that visiting granddaughter. :)  Obviously not chatting yet - so didn't have sunnydays issues 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Hello, thanks for thinking of me. I’m ok, just feeling a bit fragile - no idea what that was but I feel like eating again! Just taking it easy today. 

Good news - hope that you feel even better tomorrow

38 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Good to hear you're feeling a bit better today. 💐🍪

I posted off my accounts today, so I now feel a weight of my shoulders 😃 I did try and submit online yesterday but I couldn't get logged in- hence the wine so early.

Relaxing day after that visiting granddaughter. :)  Obviously not chatting yet - so didn't have sunnydays issues 🤣

Give her time louby!

🤣🤣

Mine is outside chalk drawing on my patio - lots of fun!

It's all very quiet here now - she has just gone home - that was easily the best 24 hours that I have had in the last 5 months - she really is a dear little girl

Right, I need to put my house back together and then try and find my way into the 'policies and procedures' section EYA - I struggle every year with this! 

• Like 2

Good morning all - another Friday - right I need things to slow down a bit now as I am not really getting on with the old TDL......

We are forecast temperatures of up to 37 degrees in this part of the country - phew, I can't cope with that, although I am loathe to admit it, that is definitely an 'age thing', it used to be that it was never too hot for me

Have been out for a walk and now I really am going to get on with the aforementioned TDL, I have a fan on it's highest setting and it feels fairly comfortable at the moment

Hope the weekend is kind to all  

It is very hot here too and has been since 8 am when I put some washing on the line to "fry" (literally)  in the sunshine. Curtains drawn, fan going and like you it is OK atm - but will get hotter - we are never happy with the weather - it is always "too hot / cold /wet etc.," . Have a lovely weekend and take care in this sunshine. 

Edited by blondie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

We are forecast temperatures of up to 37 degrees in this part of the country - phew, I can't cope with that, although I am loathe to admit it, that is definitely an 'age thing', it used to be that it was never too hot for me

On that basis I’ve been old since I was about 15! 

It’s warm here too but my little house comes into its own in the summer when it stays fairly cool inside so that’s where I am!

The TDL isn’t coming along brilliantly when it comes to work things but other things are making progress. I’ve almost finished the housewarming gift I’m making. I have finished the shawl I was making which is currently pinned to my living room as I block it. Joy of joys a delivery arrived this morning which meant I could get started on my next project... I’m going to have a go at knitting socks! 3cm done so far!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Froglet said:

On that basis I’ve been old since I was about 15! 

It’s warm here too but my little house comes into its own in the summer when it stays fairly cool inside so that’s where I am!

The TDL isn’t coming along brilliantly when it comes to work things but other things are making progress. I’ve almost finished the housewarming gift I’m making. I have finished the shawl I was making which is currently pinned to my living room as I block it. Joy of joys a delivery arrived this morning which meant I could get started on my next project... I’m going to have a go at knitting socks! 3cm done so far!

Oh socks - that's ambitious - my dear old mum used to knit socks (amongst other things) I seem to recall much muttering about 'turning the heel'🤣 in photos my 'boys' were always dressed in identical jumpers courtesy of granny's knitting - they say things like "what were you thinking of mum" - well I thought they looked just lovely!

Anyway - this is not what I am meant to be doing - back to the accounts now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

are these bed socks Froglet, only Sunnyday could use some with her balaclava - possibly matching

Just normal (but colourful) socks to wear in bed or at any other time. Always fancied having a go. If it works I’ll start producing matching balaclava and sock sets (I can see the Etsy shop now 😂). This is where I’m at right now!

image.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Panders said:

are these bed socks Froglet, only Sunnyday could use some with her balaclava - possibly matching

Oh yes please! 😃

4 hours ago, Froglet said:

Oh my actual goodness - I turned a heel on a sock! 😲  Now I have to pick up stitches which seems infinitely harder!

Young Froglet - I am so impressed - how much muttering was involved? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My day so far

A walk before the sun got up (oh and it rained here at 7am, had to dash out and get the garden furniture cushions in!)

Two loads of washing through and on the line

Potatoes dug, cucumber and toms harvested - the blessed polytunnel was a crazy temperature

Chicken cooked - will have this cold with salad and our own spuds for dinner this evening

A lovely visit from eldest son (we still sit outside appropriately distanced), we were talking about the rules (amongst other things) finding it hard to remember what we are/are not supposed to be doing now - bring back the daily briefings I say! 

Other than that I have been hard at work on the old TDL whilst hiding from the heat

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh yes please! 😃

Young Froglet - I am so impressed - how much muttering was involved? 

Only a little bit so far when I realised that I hadn’t read the pattern properly but it didn’t affect the number of stitches or anything like that so I ignored it. I feel more sock making coming on this afternoon - I feel like I need an appropriate DVD to hVe on at the same time - Miss Marple, Anne of Green Gables?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sunnyday said:

My day so far

A walk before the sun got up (oh and it rained here at 7am, had to dash out and get the garden furniture cushions in!)

Two loads of washing through and on the line

Potatoes dug, cucumber and toms harvested - the blessed polytunnel was a crazy temperature

Chicken cooked - will have this cold with salad and our own spuds for dinner this evening

A lovely visit from eldest son (we still sit outside appropriately distanced), we were talking about the rules (amongst other things) finding it hard to remember what we are/are not supposed to be doing now - bring back the daily briefings I say! 

Other than that I have been hard at work on the old TDL whilst hiding from the heat

What a perfect day so far! I feel the same about what I currently can or can’t do. The BBC has a current social distancing rules item on its news app which is useful. I think the little things are going to need getting used to and remembering. I bought a car this morning and after that have resolved to make sure I carry a pen with me everywhere. The man I was talking to wore a mask the whole time, screen on the desk between us, sanitiser on entry etc but every time I needed to sign something he handed me the pen he’d been using round the edge of the screen.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Only a little bit so far when I realised that I hadn’t read the pattern properly but it didn’t affect the number of stitches or anything like that so I ignored it. I feel more sock making coming on this afternoon - I feel like I need an appropriate DVD to hVe on at the same time - Miss Marple, Anne of Green Gables?

Your socks are looking very very good Froglet.  My MIL used to knit socks mainly for FIL, but my OH has taken to wearing them especially during the winter over the top of his normal socks to keep his feet warm when out walking, however, it has brought on the need to learn darning!  🤕    I am very similar to you, in that I need something very familiar on the dvd while doing things, nothing which requires my concentration to follow, but something I have seen many times, then I can concentrate on whatever it is I'm trying to do.  Can't bear working/creating in silence.    Watching Miss Marple always makes me want a good pot of tea and cake/scones though!

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Panders said:

Your socks are looking very very good Froglet.  My MIL used to knit socks mainly for FIL, but my OH has taken to wearing them especially during the winter over the top of his normal socks to keep his feet warm when out walking, however, it has brought on the need to learn darning!  🤕    I am very similar to you, in that I need something very familiar on the dvd while doing things, nothing which requires my concentration to follow, but something I have seen many times, then I can concentrate on whatever it is I'm trying to do.  Can't bear working/creating in silence.    Watching Miss Marple always makes me want a good pot of tea and cake/scones though!

Thank you. I have to say that I’m loving the challenge. I did listen to a very familiar audiobook the other day while crocheting - it feels odd to create in silence.  It might be Miss Marple - I can do tea and scones and I do love the tidying up scene in 4.50 from Paddington!

I do love the complete randomness of this thread 😂

I like a bit of 'quiet' if I am being creative or working

Mr S on the other hand always has 'something on' - at present he is in his workshop, no idea what he is up to but it involves power tools, radio is on but I'm sure he can't hear it 🤦‍♀️

Oh - I can darn panders - chuck the socks my way!

Edited by sunnyday
To add even more fascinating content!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have so much admiration (and envy) for people who can crochet something (other than a square) and can knit something (other than a matinee jacket or small girls cardigan) - it is just beyond me and as for using more than two needles ! I do however make a very good chocolate chip and cherry cake.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I do love the complete randomness of this thread 😂

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

I bought a car this morning 

I love the randomness and the casual 'I bought a car this morning' being secondary to the importance of turning a sock heel 😂

For the record I have done nothing all day other than finished reading an annoying 99p kindle romance. 

• Haha 2