Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

WooHOO sorry everyone its the beginning of my half term and off to Yorkshire on monday for a 4 day break!. I have loads to do  (expecting the big O soonish) really need to knuckle down but we have had a challenging start to the year (AGAIN!)  just getting little ones sorted and then i have another 3 starters after the break

• Like 2

BTW just an onbervation from one of my littlies today...enough to make your heart melt. He had created an arrangement with jewels and said....

"I made this for everyone in my family. It's called a love thing"
 I asked him if he wanted me to take a picture of it and he replied "yes please, can you take a picture and send it to me. Can you send it to them. It's called a thing for everyone, it's called a love thing. I've worked very hard on this."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

The beard is wonderful.....mix of casting on and off?? or a kind of knotting thing???

I'm not sure - it's crochet and when I zoom in it looks like it's a single row of double crochet but I've no idea how she's achieved the spiral effect.  That's partly why I want the pattern so I can find out!  Would be a great thing to learn how to do - perfect lion's mane or chicken's nest or...

1 minute ago, finleysmaid said:

BTW just an onbervation from one of my littlies today...enough to make your heart melt. He had created an arrangement with jewels and said....

I asked him if he wanted me to take a picture of it and he replied "yes please, can you take a picture and send it to me. Can you send it to them. It's called a thing for everyone, it's called a love thing. I've worked very hard on this."

That is just lovely to hear!

34 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I'm not sure - it's crochet and when I zoom in it looks like it's a single row of double crochet but I've no idea how she's achieved the spiral effect.  That's partly why I want the pattern so I can find out!  Would be a great thing to learn how to do - perfect lion's mane or chicken's nest or...

Ohwww.... I think I know!   I made my octopus (although he wouldn't pass muster for a premature baby).

Anyway to do the twirly bits you do a chain, then(second row) two dc into each stitch - it twirls naturally. The most difficult bit it making sure you keep the chain straight when working the second row :) 

I shall try and post a pic of my octo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

That is very special

• Like 2

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

And while I'm at it............ and Froglet did start first....

I want to make a couple of these.

FC.jpg

Oi! I can see you trying to drop me in it! Those look like Tomte to me and I want to make a St Nicholas - we are clearly just exploring a wider cultural remit! ;):D

• Haha 1

Well hello peoples :D

I think we would all agree we are living in very strange times at the moment and lots of things we thought we the normal no longer seem to be the normal so I am going to embrace the chaos and lift the ban on the 'C' word ...................... 

CHRISTMAS

There....I have gone and done it now :P

Don't forget to make Christmas style voting slips as an extra decoration this year :ph34r: ..... I think after mentioning that I might be banned from the FSF :P

• Haha 3

Well, I had to go into town this morning to get a long overdue haircut and while I would normally be 'tutting' at the sight of Christmas decorations in the shops it was actually just nice to see something unequivocally cheerful!

As it's Friday I'm going to let you all know that I have spent most of this week either reading, crocheting or sleeping all curled up in an armchair in front of the fire.

I had a meeting with my old headteacher over lunch (I'm now his chair of governors).  He paid me a compliment (in fact he paid me two!) about when I was teaching for him.  Compliments from him are rare and far between and consequently worth SO much so I am a smiley person.

I'm having tea with my mum and dad tonight at which I should be able to open my last birthday present (they gave me the St Nicholas kit!!).  My other plans for the weekend include serious cleaning as it won't get done again properly until Christmas and deciding on which cake to make for the friends who are taking Y6 on a 3 day residential in a couple of weeks.  I always make them a survival kit which includes, red bull, hot chocolate sachets and a selection of sweet treats!  Plus there will be more reading, crochet and sleeping as I try to shake off the last bits of my cough/cold.

• Like 2

Goodness - it's all a bit giddy on here tonightxD

Youngest two grandchildren have only just left here - mummy and daddy had to attend a funeral :( so I did a spot of nana duty :) lots of fun!

We have a 90th birthday party to attend tomorrow evening - my lovely mother-in-law's sister - only the two of them left now, they were a family of eight children

Will have some pre-school 'stuff' to do - shouldn't take too long - other than that I think young froglet mentioned books and fires sounds like a plan to me :)

Happy weekend to all

• Like 2

Wow - here we are then another Friday!

It is our youngest grandson's 2nd birthday today - I can hardly believe that he is two - he really is a little sweetie, always so 'pleased with the world' - so off to see him in a short while with his pressies - 4 'dig digs' (otherwise known as diggers!) and a 'That's not my Dinosaur' book - hmm hope he hasn't got it already......

Looking forward to a quiet weekend, Mr S is not feeling so good (breathing wise) so hope to persuade him to spend some time just sitting by the fire

Hope the weekend is kind to all:)

• Like 2

Have a lovely weekend Sunnyday and hope Mr S feels better soon.

relieved to have got to the weekend and still be standing upright? We have been battling a bug this week and have been dealing with both 🤮💩.  Have had a big rant about keeping sick children at home to parents! The ones who haven’t got the 🤮💩 are still under the weather and seem to be battling exhaustion and just not 100%.  I have the symptoms of shingles but have absolutely no rash or marks on my skin at all, had it for over a week now.  Seems very strange....  Hope you all have a lovely and healthy weekend. 🙂

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

Have a lovely weekend Sunnyday and hope Mr S feels better soon.

relieved to have got to the weekend and still be standing upright? We have been battling a bug this week and have been dealing with both 🤮💩.  Have had a big rant about keeping sick children at home to parents! The ones who haven’t got the 🤮💩 are still under the weather and seem to be battling exhaustion and just not 100%.  I have the symptoms of shingles but have absolutely no rash or marks on my skin at all, had it for over a week now.  Seems very strange....  Hope you all have a lovely and healthy weekend. 🙂

Oh no zigzag I really, really hope that you don't have shingles x

• Like 1