Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

pregnancy risk assessments

Welcome back lovely people if you have had the summer off hope you enjoyed it.

Pleases could you help me does anyone have a risk assessment template for a nursery nurse who is pregnant this is my first employee who is pregnant where do i start thank you for any help or advice in advance. :o

Hello Jewels. Lots of folk have read your query, but no replies yet. I had a member of staff who was pregnant and we sat down together with one I got from the Internet and we personalised it to us. I'm afraid it was a few years back now, and I've retired since then, so I don't have access to it now.

I'd suggest doing a Google search and see what comes up.

I did post an answer but can see it's not appeared! Sorry!

I use our full risk assessment and we go through it together and decide what would be 'risky'! and mark this in red, adding notes as to what needs to change for them (for example - nappy changing - no lifting children onto changing table etc.) and we review it regularly. The biggest thing you must make sure you do is ensure that the pregnant staff member knows that they must let you know if any aspect of the work is becoming difficult for them then you can find a solution.

Hope that's helped!

I do have a maternity risk assessment and I do use it regularly (4 on mat leave at present and two more going soon!) and I am happy to share it.

Just one problem - I have absolutely no idea how to share it on this forum :mellow:

I do have a maternity risk assessment and I do use it regularly (4 on mat leave at present and two more going soon!) and I am happy to share it.

Just one problem - I have absolutely no idea how to share it on this forum :mellow:

You need to be on the 'more reply options' bit that shows next to 'post'. It offers a place for you to attach files.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)