Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Change of venue

Hi everyone

Can I just confirm I am not nuts. If you wish to move your setting to alternative accommodation you need to get the next building checked by Ofsted? can you open without them visiting and agreeing it is ok to function from the new premises?

You don't need a new complete registration, just an approval of new premises so this process such be simpler than a new reg as you are already 'known' and have been accepted as suitable etc. Ofsted don't always visit but they may do. You also have to pay an approval fee but off hand I don't know how much it is. You cannot open new premises without approval.

It's all in the early years reg and inspection handbook.

You don't need a new complete registration, just an approval of new premises so this process such be simpler than a new reg as you are already 'known' and have been accepted as suitable etc. Ofsted don't always visit but they may do. You also have to pay an approval fee but off hand I don't know how much it is. You cannot open new premises without approval.

It's all in the early years reg and inspection handbook.

has this changed recently then Mundia? when we moved we had to start again!

I moved in Last year and it was a whole new registration it took about 5 months from start to finish.

Yes, the guidance attached is effective January 2016, it was part of Ofsted's drive to reduce the paperwork and administration for existing providers

I recently made the same enquiry to OFSTED and was told the process is 25 weeks.

I would call them and query it quoting the registration handbook - there are some reasons why it might take longer - I would ask them to clarify which reason they have applied in your case