Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Notice Board

Hi All,

I have limited space on my noticeboard which has staff photographs, First Aiders, menus, planning etc on, I just wondered what Policies other managers display and how many policies is enough? I have making a complaint, whistleblowing and a general child protection one....any there any paramount and should be up?

Many thanks

Edited by spiceye

Mine are in a folder which hangs from noticeboard so doesn't take up much room. Only display contacting Ofsted poster. Hardly anybody reads notices even when we point them out- print on fluorescent paper orgive them copies!

korkycat

I'm same as Korky - don't think they need to be on display. I think notice boards should grab attention - too overloaded and nobody bothers to look, you need to be able to change it about easily that way your parents might just notice the changes! Tbh, I don't really know why we bother with them at all, apart from the photographs - maybe put some of the children on there doing things with their Key Person, that might make parents notice it more!

Just read Fredbears yes need to display Ofsted Cert of course

Edited by Panders

I think you're legally obliged to display your public liability insurance cert and Ofsted want you to display your registration and How to complain. Beyond that I think it's up to you. Our poi icies and procedures, safeguarding etc are all in a folder in the hall

deffo Ofsted Complaints poster and regular poster...they will look for those. If short of space, put up a ring binder with copies of all important documents......one folder just requires a hook in the wall, and can contain mountains of info, and still counts as "displayed". to make it more obvious, put a list of what is inside on the outside cover of the file.

• Like 1

Thanks guys - I agree no parents ever look at the policies (I do provide some in the joining handbook) - I think I will get a folder/wallet and hang them.

I of course display Ofsted certificate, Insurance Policy, H&S etc

Thanks again

I send Newsletter to parents and these have photos of parents and mention of a different policy. Notice board displays newsletter!

Ofsted and ELI cert is displayed in various places around the nursery as there is no one place that parents will look at!