Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Packs for new children

I'm interested to know what information/forms you give to parents of new children to complete when they first join?

We are reviewing how we do things and seem to kill several trees with each new child joining and would like to reduce the amount of paper we produce and time spent making them up.

Obviously certain information has to be provided in paper.

Thanks!

You're right there is a lot of info and I do it in several parts, some I e mail out when the initial contact is made, then when they come for a visit i give the Registration Form and our policies on a disc. When they have signed up and come back for their orientation meeting they have the last lot which is specific information about the child and permission forms which I feel need to be separate. On the Registration Form I have 3 or 4 bullet points which I point out parents are giving us permission to do, rather than seeking those individually, such as, allowing us to observe, take photos, that they understand how the fees and funding work etc.

we email nearly everything and get the parents to print it out!!! policies are in a folder in the hall they are told about them and sign that they have seen them (which covers you legally) I don't do a prospectus as this is on the website (would if they don't have access...but they all do!) We do still send out a handbook...but beginning to see how else we can do this too. Now trying to think about Electronic learning stories to reduce that paper. Still have paper copies of registration and permissions(that the parents have printed!!)

We give two booklets, one is a parent/carer handbook which tells them all about the nursery (food,nappies,activities,routines etc) and has a photo of their key worker inside the front cover. The second booklet contains the main policies relating to childcare and the complaint procedure. They complete personal details/consent forms and contract in their induction in the office and they complete 'all about me' on an ipad with the key worker and the child in the nursery.

I email it all out as an application pack! This includes registration form, all about me form, handbook, latest ofsted report, early years pupil premium explaination letter with application form, and childrens centre information and application form (as requested by my local centre!). If that doesnt put a parent off applying I dont know what would! They then print off and have to return the registration form and hopefully the all about me to bring to their inducti9on session. The rest is down to choice. To be fair it is normally done in stages with ofsted report and handbook sent on initial enquiry and then if they feel they would like a place this is followed by the rest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)