Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is it just me?

So, just read on twitter that the foundation years are looking at getting staff to brush the childrens teeth......

Can someone please tell me just when do parents take responsibility for their own children? Just when am I supposed to find time to brush 20 sets of teeth as well as ensure that each child has suncream on before going outside (or even a sunhat???!!), can independently go to the toilet, eats some healthy snack as has only had a chocolate bar for breakfast, all before I start with my "teaching" that I am supposed to do in the sapce of 3 hours!

Can you tell I am starting to feel the pressure of being a potential parent to all the children coming through my pre-school!

Anyway its Friday..I need a gin and tonic.

Have a good weekend all!

I know. We have so far resisted but I know many settings nearby are cleaning teeth. There is a high level of extractions and teeth decay in our area. I've been told it's manageable. In fact there are threads on the forum but like you I think 'parent your child'! Getting too old for this. Anyway glass of red in front of me. X

GRRRRRRR.............................i had a parent arrive this morning, who informed me that her child had got sunburnt in my care yesterday. I expressed surprise, as her child had been playing in the shade all day and had been wearing a hat and what's more, I had applied suncream regularly throughout the day. She said it was 'obviously a mystery then'...............so, I'm afraid the devil took me over and I asked if it had perhaps happened when they went to the pub after our session ( her little one was out in full sunshine there for over two hours).she said she hadn't thought of that. and then threw in that they'd gone home and had a barbecue. Ah.......so, she got sunburnt inMY care, but was outside in full sun with no hat in your care??? Oh and as she was so worried about her child, she arrived in a skimpy sleeveless dress, no hat and no cream. Yup..........MY fault.

Pass the Rioja ladies, it's going to be a long night

• Like 9

No, its not just you...there is too much Govt interference and it leads to people not taking responsibility for their actions, always ready to blame someone else.

• Like 3

I brushed children's teeth for many, many years at preschool. We were in a very poor dental area, and for some children, this was the only time they had their teeth brushed. It didn't take long, children got into the rhythm of it well after their lunch. In fact my brother in law who is a dentist has joked that I've cleaned more teeth then he has, hehe.

We used a company called 'The Brush Bus' for brushes and storage.

Edited by Cait
  • Like 1

And then parents can blame us if their child needs fillings...obviously because their teeth weren't brushed thoroughly enough at Pre-School (nothing to do with the vast quantities of sweets and fizzy drinks consumed at home, of course!)

Grrrrrr is right!

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)