Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bank holiday weekend!

sunnyday

She says she's fine, keeps repeating the same phrase 'I'm fine, I'm fine' so I don't know whether she's trying to convince herself or us.

She's sore as she fell in the kitchen about three weeks ago and fractured a couple of ribs in a similar blackout, hopefully someone will find out what's going on soon. At least this one has convinced her that she should stop driving now.

Sadly it often takes a few things happening to make the older person realise things must be changed and giving up driving is pretty major - hopefully tests can reveal what's happening and rule out anything - in the meantime if it's not too long a lay off from driving she could go back to it, but if it is a long lay off she must take care not to lose her nerve and confidence.

HOpe all turns out well Cait.

Edited by Panders

Sadly it often takes a few things happening to make the older person realise things must be changed and giving up driving is pretty major - hopefully tests can reveal what's happening and rule out anything - in the meantime if it's not too long a lay off from driving she could go back to it, but if it is a long lay off she must take care not to lose her nerve and confidence.

HOpe all turns out well Cait.

No, I think this is 'it' for driving. Over the last few months we've been quite concerned at her driving ability, and now at 83, I think she should call it a day, before she has an accident, or causes one. We've all been wondering how to tell her without upsetting her, but now she has said it herself, I hope she is starting to realise she shouldn't drive any more. We don't know when these attacks are going to happen.

• Like 2

No, I think this is 'it' for driving. Over the last few months we've been quite concerned at her driving ability, and now at 83, I think she should call it a day, before she has an accident, or causes one. We've all been wondering how to tell her without upsetting her, but now she has said it herself, I hope she is starting to realise she shouldn't drive any more. We don't know when these attacks are going to happen.

Dear Cait - I think you are absolutely right - my dad should have stopped driving long before he did - we all knew it, but sadly he wasn't the sort of man that would be 'told' anything - he gave up only after hitting a stationary lorry :o well it was one of those mornings with a very low, bright sun and he didn't see it - that was his excuse anyway :rolleyes:

Hope your mum is OK x

Wow - what a very busy long weekend for me - brilliant fun though especially time spent with my grandchildren :1b have seen them all and had two staying overnight on Saturday :1b

Looked after the 'baby' yesterday evening (almost 11 months already) - she is not a great sleeper - but I had her fast asleep by 7:15 - was thinking to myself 'that was easy, don't know what all the fuss is about' - needless to say she was awake again by 8pm and was still awake when her parents returned at 10:30 :lol: she was very happy though!

• Like 3