Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

IPad Apps

Hi Sheila_Inwards and welcome to the forum!

I have the following apps on my ipad, that fhe children sometimes use - without wifi.....

Cookie Doodle - their favourite! Creative - making choices

1-10 Balloons - rec numerals and counting

Intro to Math - very well put together app - think its Montessori

Candy count - sorting by colour and counting

and my favourite Splingo!! Uses one two or three key words. Listening and understanding - fun and good graphics.

None of the above cost much and some may be free - I choose carefully...... hope they will get you started. Rafa

Dear all

I have purchased Ipads for children to use in the nurseries but at the moment do not have Wi-Fi. Do any of you know apps that will work without Wi-Fi that are of course suitable for nursery children and support the EYFS.

• Like 1

We don't have any. Children have access to a desktop computer, with a mouse. It does confuse some to begin with as there isn't a touch screen. We use a timer to limit usage.

We are the same as you, but we are wondering about getting a tablet but not sure if one could stand the 2yr old usuage!

What kind of tablets are people letting the children use freely?

Not freely use, but we have one Hudl, I have an ipad and I think the Hudl is o.k., not as fast etc. but it's ok and not too much money if anything desperate happened to it! Parents bought it as a leaving present last year. I would probably replace it if anything happened to it..

For some of my shyer children it gives me a chance to sit with them and they have fun and can become more animated. It has phases in popularity, especially among the boys. The apps on there are not overly exciting - that's probably one reason they are not beating each other with sticks to get to it, just the usual stuff like CBeebies, Thomas, Peppa etc. but like the sound of some of Rafas so will go and take a look at those. It hasn't been asked for or out of the cupboard for about a month!

Edited by Panders
  • Like 2

Yes same with me Panders. I sit with children - to protect my ipad with my life - but also to have some quiet time and shared thinking, with children who may look like they need something 'different'. Last year it was always met with, "its my turn, its my turn" - and I was beating them off with a stick!! So far, this year its rarely 'asked for'........like everything I suppose, even ipads become less exciting over time..........

• Like 2

Hi Sheila_Inwards and welcome to the forum!

I have the following apps on my ipad, that fhe children sometimes use - without wifi.....

Cookie Doodle - their favourite! Creative - making choices

1-10 Balloons - rec numerals and counting

Intro to Math - very well put together app - think its Montessori

Candy count - sorting by colour and counting

and my favourite Splingo!! Uses one two or three key words. Listening and understanding - fun and good graphics.

None of the above cost much and some may be free - I choose carefully...... hope they will get you started. Rafa

Have been using Cookie Doodle - my granddaughter loved it at the weekend - a good find there Rafa. Will take ipad to work Thursday, let a few have a go too. If they like it I will get it for the Hudl if google "stock" it!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)