Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2yr olds and objective led planning

We tried that when we first started taking 2yr olds and after about a week realised that it wasn't working.

We just use a basic weekly plan that is just a guide really. We find that 2yr olds let you know what they want to do and we follow their lead

A rich and varied environment can cover the whole of the eyfs framework easily and we find that by following their lead our observations are so much more detailed

• Like 1

yes ive used it with mixed group which includes two year olds...basically their objectives were the 'starter' level and then more challenge was added for older ones as appropriate. Haven't used for a group of twos only...but only as haven't had the opportunity.

I should think it'd be the same process...identifying levels and grouping accordingly...of course with twos its likely to focus more on the prime areas and a lot of development will be natural as they mature...but I'm sure you'd be able to break down the skills just the same.

A playpen...what a good idea!! Maybe I could squeeze in a quick cuppa??

What I've found is that the objectives almost need to roll over throughout the year to take into account of the many new starters throughout the year. However I could also use some specific areas of learning so not becoming Groundhog Day for other children and staff.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)