Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chicken risk assessment

We will soon be getting chickens for our outside area

I feel a risk assessment needs to be done

Does anyone happen to have one I could see as I'm not experienced in chicken care! And wouldn't want to miss anything vital out

Any useful tips vey warmly appreciated

Thanks in advance ?

• Like 1

Sounds great :) - we have budgies in our setting.. and have a risk assessment.

Risks from - psittacine and biting basically.. (psittacine - includes the macaws, parakeets, and most other parrots) so this really is clutching at straws!

We use Anti Mite drops, and vigilance and explain to children the dangers! lol dangers. Any ill health symptoms then a visit to the vets of course..

Not sure what else.. maybe bird droppings?!! I dunno

Edited by BroadOaks
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are these chickens going to be running free or in an enclosure? You might need to consider disposal of shavings etc when they are cleaned out. We had chickens for a while and the children loved them but it all went horribly wrong when one got sick and and then exploded at the vets - grim!

Exploding chickens...not good.....but made me smile this busy monday morning....we too had chickens for a while...children loved them,but the dreaded vermin eventually arrived....so they were rehomed at employees mums farm in the country....xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)