Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

hand driers

Can anyone recommend a quiet hand drier that they have in use . I have seen one that looks like a dragon but don't want to invest as I need at least two of them.

I run a preschool with a max of 34 children a day and currently use paper hand towels which don't seem the most effective in money, waste and drying ability!.

Any other ideas are welcome.

thanks

Sam

Not cheap but these look great..

https://www.intelligenthanddryers.com/products/puff-the-magic-dryer

We still use paper towels, and now you have mentioned it, it would make sense to put a couple of hand dryers on the wall.. it would save money in the long run. If they are safe and like mentioned quite, then it would be miles better.

Thank you for the idea. EDIT* Yes this is one you already saw.. sorry :P

A slightly cheaper one here.. same company maybe?

http://www.ehanddryers.com/childrens-hand-dryers/

ALSO just had an idea... again not sure on safety.. but how about a few hair dryers attached to the wall :wacko:

Edited by BroadOaks

The hairdryers idea IS a joke, right???

You could do what we do...invest in a couple of CP drying racks and put the wet towels back on there to dry.....or stick them over a radiator cover, works a treat :):):):)

( and please don't ask what we do with the loo rolls.....................)

The drying rack idea IS a joke, right? :P just hygiene springs to mind?

No the hairdryer idea was not a joke.. tell me the difference in how a hand dryer works to a hairdryer? They both blow out warm air... and dry things?? :rolleyes: i guess they just wouldn't go off automatically.. :blink:

Edited by BroadOaks

yes, of course i was joking about the drying rack ;) It's monday , allow me a little jest to lighten up my week :)

But hairdryers have to be switched on to make them work.....................electrics and wet hands don't go well together, not to mention the cables?

• Like 1

yes, of course i was joking about the drying rack ;) It's monday , allow me a little jest to lighten up my week :)

But hairdryers have to be switched on to make them work.....................electrics and wet hands don't go well together, not to mention the cables?

Also, hairdryers would be likely to burn the children's hands. You need properly designed dryers that blow air at a safe temperature.

I used to use face flannels. The reasoning was that it was half way between home and school. Home because it was the familiar feel of a towel, and school because it was a single use, disposable. Dry your hands and throw it in the bucket. I took them home to wash and dry. It was laborious, but the washing machine was going on at home anyway, so it just meant an extra load or so over the course of the week. I had 260+ of them, so they didn't need a rapid turnaround. I bought them whenever they were on special offer, so I'd see a pack of four for a pound or something, and get all there were on the shelves.

• Like 2

one of my favourite memories of transition was a little girl waving her hands at the paper towel dispenser hoping it would puff at her - poor love - so much to learn about in a new place!

Hmmm ok the hairdryers idea was stupid :ph34r: --

however :P - the temperature can be altered on some.. and the switch for on/off can be... hmm i can't wriggle out of this one can i :rolleyes:

Anyway.. the cheapo hand dryers i linked looked good.. i think they are from China though. Installing them is the hard part i guess!

• 4 weeks later...