Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cohort Tracker

Well my feedback is it looks nice and simple to use.

I haven't a clue how to create a spread-sheet that does anything useful (other than add up!) so I am most grateful.

I have used PRAMs but after one to many errors (old laptop + no internet at setting etc) I like the idea of going a bit more basic.

:1b :1b

Thanks for feedback

We were given one to use by our councils early years team but it had too many pages and cohorts, also it split everything into percentages, which for a small setting like mine looked awful when you only had 1 child with EAL and was behind on CL, made it look like 100% failure!

My idea with this one was to reduce amount of pages and cohorts and make it easier to understand at a glance. Using it on the computer, you can fill in numbers 1-3 to denote below/on target/above and each box will change colour accordingly. When it's all filled in you can print and give copies to room leader/keypersons and follow up at supervisions. So hopefully of some use and won't need internet! let me know how you get on with it.

Yes very nice spreadsheet and it is kept simple which helps. I have been on 2 E-Tracker courses over the years and been given spreadsheets from the LA but i have to admit they are not my "cup of tea" and even though i understand where this information needs to go, they are so damn complex and only really useful for the LA to gather information that they hope can help different "types" of children! Although every child is unique, they still want to group them up!

So thank you for keeping it simple.

Now after my usual ramblings, we use Tapestry and i find it a lot more user friendly than a spreadsheet. You simply input the children's info then the observation and then add the assessments. The data for each child is automatically stored and analysis is available for many different things. Kind of "slightly hurting" a lot of birds with one stone.

• Like 1

Now after my usual ramblings, we use Tapestry and i find it a lot more user friendly than a spreadsheet. You simply input the children's info then the observation and then add the assessments. The data for each child is automatically stored and analysis is available for many different things. Kind of "slightly hurting" a lot of birds with one stone.

Thanks for the feedback Broadoaks, We use a program similar to tapestry, and it is good for the things you mention, but I do love a good spreadsheet! haha! sad I know!

• Like 1

Well i used to use Prams years ago and although i remember it being good i haven't used it for a long while so i mustn't have needed it that much. (edit.. might have helped recently though!!)

We have now been using Tapestry for 3 months and the best thing about it is the time saving on observations and assessment for staff but more importantly how much easier it is for management to overview all the children's development. It also makes Supervisions easier and gives some good planning advise and easily demonstrates any areas of learning lacking for every child or for the setting overall.

We can see exactly from any assessment period, via a chart, exactly how much progress a child has made or not made. It is great to show staff these charts when doing Supervisions. Along with these charts for each key child can also be a sheet for "next steps" for each area of learning. Priorities would be in the areas that no or little progression had been made and then these areas can be closely monitored. If still no or little progression is then made over the next few weeks or discussed at this next staffs Supervision, then questions are asked.

It might be that the setting is not providing opportunities, staff are not providing opportunities or the child lacks interest in these areas or there are developmental problems maybe. in either case the reason can be identified and solved one way or another, and spotting these "problems" are made so much easier using Tapestry (or equivalent software) in my opinion, although this could be argued.

I feel it just makes Management and Leadership so much easier than trailing through lots of files and paperwork.

Edited by BroadOaks
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)