Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Check those bits :)

narnia

TA DAAAAAAA......................it's seven years today that I was diagnosed with breast cancer and i'm still here to tell the tale. My mission is simple: spread the word about checking all your lumpy bits..............men as well as ladies. Don't care how you do it....get your partner involved if it helps.....check each other out, or just check your own. But CHECK.......get to know what your body feels like, so you know when something's amiss.................and get to your doctor immdeiately. My 'symptoms' were a slight tingling in my nipple and then it turned in ( pulled in like one of those buttons on your bed mattress)..........that was all. But my gp was very proactive and had me seen quickly. So, here I am once more. Check....do it monthly, get into the habit, know your body. One day, that might just save your life. :)

• Like 5

Seven years is amazing, seems like only yesterday! Well done Narnia :1b

I've been invited to my first mammogram next week, it came through the post the same day hubby received an invite from AgeUk for something or other. :o

Surely they cant mean me! :blink: