Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ofsted how many children

Hello

once again, just hopefully a quick question. Do we now decide within the space that we have how many children we can take in per day?

Its just something in the back of my head is telling me that Ofsted have registered us with 20 children but can we go over this is? we have less 2 year olds because they need more space?

I am only asking because on a Wednesday we have 20 children but space tells me we can have more because quite a few are 3 year olds.

I can ring ofsted to confirm but really don't want to and I know how all of you are so good at answering my questions.

Many thanks

I'm working on the theory it's down to us to work out available space for 2 or 3 yr olds, and if we think we have a suitable number of toilets/sinks,my EY advisor is adamant I am still registered for 30, but I did ask for a new certificate from ofsted and the registered number has been removed.

I'm working on the theory it's down to us to work out available space for 2 or 3 yr olds, and if we think we have a suitable number of toilets/sinks,my EY advisor is adamant I am still registered for 30, but I did ask for a new certificate from ofsted and the registered number has been removed.

I was registered and had my suitability check in July 2014 and on my certificate from Ofsted it does not state how many children that we can have however when I was having the suitability check something is telling me that we were going to be registered for 20 children, we can register for more if we open another room, however not enough children at present to warrant opening another room and obviously I don't want to turn any children away.

So I am still in a dilemma of yes or no regarding us working out our space requirements and do I stick to the 20 children

I know that I probably should ring Ofsted

Many thanks

Yep I think it is our call now using any guidance that Ofsted provide. At our last inspection she asked me how many children we could have as we were in a different building.

Yep I think it is our call now using any guidance that Ofsted provide. At our last inspection she asked me how many children we could have as we were in a different building.

Hi

yes I was asked the same question and I have a scale drawing of our rooms and I can work out very easily how many children I can take and it would be 19 two year olds so on the guidance that three year olds have less space then I can take more than 20.

Really not sure what to do, I know I am going to have to ring Ofsted and check

Many thanks for your reply

The space per child is in the eyfs. Not on the certificate these daŷs. Which is probably why we need a GCSE in maths to work it out.

The space per child is in the eyfs. Not on the certificate these daŷs. Which is probably why we need a GCSE in maths to work it out.

Hi

yes I know it is and that's why I have a scaled drawing so that it is easier for me to see and work out, however Ofsted asked me these questions when I had my suitability check and she was impressed with the scaled drawings, I also took out cupboard space, table and unit space. I am still none the wiser on whether we can go over 20 children.

Thankyou for your help

If your spaces allows you too and you are following all the requirements plus it's ok with the insurance then it's fine. However we are reducing again this year it was just chaos last year, too many boys all charging about.

Hi Yes this will be another issue, we do have a nice garden area which we always use and split the group into two. Over the last year we have improved our garden area by having a canopy and wet pour laid so that this can be used all year round, so hopefully this will help us.

a lot to think about

Many thanks once again