Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracker - Excel

Hi I just wondered if anyone had an excel template for a tracker they use for individual children. I used to work in a a school who used to use one and you could choose colours for emerging developing etc.

Anyone who uses something similar I would really appreciate a copy!

Thank you xx

Sorry, lots of people have viewed but no replies so far. Hopefully someone will be along today who can help. Was it a commercial system, do you know? Hopefully they hadn't just written the programme or made up the spreadsheet themselves

• Like 1

attachicon.gifEYFS tracking excel.xlsx

I picked this up from a Facebook group the other day. Not sure if it's what you are looking for.

Sorry - not a Facebook group at all. I picked it up from another post on here. Sorry :o

Has anyone got a worked example of this that I could take a look at (obviously with child names removed!). I'd love to take a look.

Tapestry is very good at tracking children. I am sure there are many tutorial videos either on this website or youtube that could help you.

It does however depend on the accuracy of information being inputted.. ie with baselines, and then each bi-termly assessments you enter. If enough observations and assessments are inputted for most/all areas it will give you great feedback in the analysis section. And even graphs for what ever periods you choose to see.. ie from baseline to autumn term 1 2015. .etc it will show you the progress made in each area.

I would stick with it and watch the tutorials.. because it really is a great software to use. (insert commission ref link here :P )

attachicon.gifEYFS tracking excel.xlsx

I picked this up from a Facebook group the other day. Not sure if it's what you are looking for.

Sorry - not a Facebook group at all. I picked it up from another post on here. Sorry :o

Im very rusty with Excel and not very familiar , does anyone know if you can open this file for editing? I think at the moment it is protected? Thanks

Hello Janie

Welcome to the forum by the way,

It does open up on mine as protected but there should be a band across the top which allows you to 'enable editing' On mine its yellow but it may not be on yours, as I have odd colours schemes in place.

Let us know if that's the case

Hello Janie

Welcome to the forum by the way,

It does open up on mine as protected but there should be a band across the top which allows you to 'enable editing' On mine its yellow but it may not be on yours, as I have odd colours schemes in place.

Let us know if that's the case

Thank you Mundia,

I cant seem to see an option that allows me to enable editing, but for example when I try to enter in male or female in the gender section a box appears saying the values entered are not valid and a user has put restrictions to what data can be edited..I don't have much experience with Excel at all but I like the way the template looks so really desperate to make it work :/

Sorry I have been around for a while but I don't know what CLA stands for. As I say I picked this up from another thread on here and I don't think that question was answered. It could always be taken out.

I will try to have a play around with it this weekend and see how it goes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)