Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Levelling skills

Hello there - wondering if anybody can help. We are introducing objective led planning this year in our school EYFS unit of 60 with a focus on developing engagement and attainment in continuous provision. We are also going to be levelling the skills in CP. Before we introduce this I want to ensure that as a team we are clear of the skills we are developing in each of the areas and also the progression in these skills. Alistair Bryce-Clegg talks about the importance of being aware of the 'pure' and 'facilitative' skills in each area before looking at the progression of these skills. I have begun to do this with help from his books and have hit a brick wall with the pure skills! I wondered if anybody else has done this that would be willing to share. Thanks in advance :)

I haven't, so can't really help, but if you have specific questions, you can email Alistair. I've done this a few times and he always replies pretty quickly. I'm sure someone will be along in a while with a more helpful answer!

I haven't, so can't really help, but if you have specific questions, you can email Alistair. I've done this a few times and he always replies pretty quickly. I'm sure someone will be along in a while with a more helpful answer!

I second this - I've also sent him long, waffley not quite sure what I was asking questions and he's answered those too!

Hi there,

Last week I put together a 'development of skills' document, after reading lots of info on ABC does. It doesn't include everything (yet!), but I'm happy to share what I've done so far.

Please let me know if this is the kind of thing you were talking about and if you think it'll be helpful. I've not shared it with my team yet.

Em

Environment plan - Progression of skills.docx

Oooo emails from Alistair...........our equivalent to a pm from Harry Styles eh!

• Like 3

Hi there,

Last week I put together a 'development of skills' document, after reading lots of info on ABC does. It doesn't include everything (yet!), but I'm happy to share what I've done so far.

Please let me know if this is the kind of thing you were talking about and if you think it'll be helpful. I've not shared it with my team yet.

Em

I think that's really helpful, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum :1b

Hi there,

Em

Would like to see that but can't open it....any chance of a doc (no x) Im no teccy! Welcome to the forum emmaaustin!

Ah that's very kind of you to share! I can't open it either just says error opening but not sure if it's because I'm on my phone? Xx

Thank you Emma, and welcome - this is super!

It opened on my laptop without any difficulties, then upgraded when I saved, so maybe that's the issue?

• 11 months later...

Hi Emma,

We've started Leveled provision this year, this document is a great start. Did you get any further with it? How did you find it worked?

Kind regards,

Emma C

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)