Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cleaning products in nursery?

You mean I passed, Louby loo ??? :) :) :)

:1b :1b :1b cross posted :D It's a real bug-bear of mine when I see people happily spraying away - I've even seen it while the children were sitting at the table! (I did stop them)

Personally I like a hot soapy water cloth - but that to can have issues if staff take the bowl of hot water with them.

We spray !!! Anti bac in kitchen and on tables , we use antibacterial wipes for toilets , cosshh sheets can be downloaded from manufacturers sites or suppliers.

We have a cloth system - blue for glue and messy , green for clean and pink for the sink.

• Like 1

I know the school stopped spraying the tables until all children were out of the hall but really I think the risks are minimal and I cannot find any evidence to change our way unless someone can direct me to it.

It is no different to using shaving foam or paint that can all be inhaled in some way , like anything I think it's needs to be a measure risk .

• Like 2

Antibac sprays do not clean.....they disinfect. You might have a two part system...clean with one product and then spray with anti-bac. We use very low risk products in the children's areas (bioguard and method cleaner.....has coconut oil in ...but remember these are seeds and not nuts...so should be fine for most settings!)

I personally think that anti bac in some form has to be used on the tables, whether it be spray or wipes, otherwise hot soapy water will do the job however it needs to be hot which you are back in the same boat of risks to the children. Anti bac actually kills 99% of germs, it will be the hot water that kills the germs as soapy water will only clean, if you are talking about detergent like washing up liquid.

We use the spray however we may change to wipes after this post. I will say I have COSHH sheets in place and every member of staff knows the risks with this, inhaling etc

Not sure if many are aware of natural antibacterial products as one was mentioned above coconut oil.. but i wouldn't recommend an oil. Do a search for colloidal silver - and how simple (with a little equipment) it is to make cheaply. It is harmless if inhaled and will kill 99.9% of germs.. just like these overprices products already being sold containing all sorts of chemicals!

BUT it is easier to just pop to Asda and buy anti-bacterial products and many do :blink:

Colloidal Silver health benefits is worth a search too .. just thought i would share this as you never know one person might actually try it and then spread the news to another person.. before we know it i have changed the world :P