Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thinking of selling

Must admit to being tempted to going back to being an assistant or possibly sign up to do supply with capita/hays. Has anyone got experience of that?

I approached a local full day-care to offer myself as bank-staff, they jumped at it and offered me just above (think 20-30p!) above min wage............ I said no, and walked away- They rang me a few days later with a much better offer, they then offered me more or less full time hours each week. I got far better pay-rate than I would have through and was actually able to plan my hours.

I guess really it was a bit like a zero-hours contract, I would be asked late thurs/fri morning what they could offer me the next week.

• 3 weeks later...

... but knew that running my own nursery was draining the life out of me.

I have just completed my EYT and I want to give up. I have three children at home and over the past two years I feel nothing except a guilt, a guilt that I am prioritising someone's else children over my own. I bring almost zero income and do not belong to my family any more. I made financial forecast for Term 1 and 2 and want to scream.

... and it is not just THAT time of the year, it is a sad REALITY!

I have just completed my EYT and I want to give up. I have three children at home and over the past two years I feel nothing except a guilt, a guilt that I am prioritising someone's else children over my own. I bring almost zero income and do not belong to my family any more. I made financial forecast for Term 1 and 2 and want to scream.

... and it is not just THAT time of the year, it is a sad REALITY!

That's so sad - good luck with whatever you decide to do......

Oksana, I really do feel for you, 2 years into owning your own nursery is a difficult place to be, so much of you needs to go into it. If this is not the right time for you and your family you really must think very hard about doing what needs to be done. Your own children must come before anything else. I have been in this business for a long long time and I am not proud to say that I believe my own children suffered because of my prioritising - they don't see it, we have had this discussion a few times since they are all grown up now, but in my heart, I know it happened.

• Like 1

My children are very proud of me and of what I do. They are very supportive but I started living with a heavy feeling in my chest, like I am doing something wrong. I also need to feed my children, to buy clothes, take them at least once a year on holiday but I cannot do it on my pure enthusiasm, enthusiasm does not come in a form of ££. :(