Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

SEN training

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post or not, but I'm looking for on-line SEN training, but not sure which to trust? There's a 'diploma' on groupon, but it's not ratified by anyone else.. I'll post links to the different things I've found tomorrow, but as most of them are hundreds of pounds I'd love other people's advice about them!
Lisa

I also inquired about this with my EYA, this is the response

This does look very interesting I must admit. However, I'm not sure how much of it would be relevant to early years. Also, looking at the Online Academies site they appear to do a level 3 SEN course which is 'endorsed' so has been at least looked at by another body, but their advanced diploma is not endorsed, it's only certified, which just means that they certify that you have completed it

The content does look very interesting though and could be thought provoking CPD - I'm tempted myself, just to find out what they are including and expecting as at £39 it's a bargain!

I have just bought the 'Autism awareness diploma' from the same site just because it's something I am interested in :)

Edited by mrsbat

Yes, I saw that and the content looked more interesting than the level 3 (equivalent). I'm not sure how happy I'd be to spend hundreds of pounds on a level 3 equivalent.. apparently someone got the level 3 on wowcher in march for £40!
Fredbear, that's a great idea, I don't have direct contact with them, but perhaps could contact them through the county website. they run one off courses, but I don't drive, so they're very difficult to get to.

Thankyou so much for your answers, apologise for not getting back before, I thought I'd set it to send notifications to my email but it didn't work!

Lisa x

• 3 weeks later...

NDNA have quite a lot of on-line training, although I admit I haven't looked lately so not sure if SEN is covered.

It is good value and members get a discount (used them for most of staff for food hygiene training).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)