Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Percentage of committee run Preschools

I would ring or email Pre-school Learning Alliance main office in London, they hold membership data on all setting signed up to them for insurance, so should have a rough idea of how many of them are charity/committee run.

Cheers M

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - a member of our team would like us to look into being 'taken over' because we are 'very unique' being committee run - annoyed me somewhat!

Thanks alot

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - a member of our team would like us to look into being 'taken over' because we are 'very unique' being committee run - annoyed me somewhat!

Thanks alot

When she says taken over...by whom and for what purpose? seems a bit strange for a current member of staff to suggest this as it may impact on her job?

No i haven't found out yet but i will and i shall let you know. A newish employee (exteacher) brought in by the previous committee. The Preschool needs to relocate but we don't have the funds. At a crisis meeting this is what she put forward (when we all need solidarity) - i don't know who she thinks will take us over, we only just make ends meet with a volunteer committee!