Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Loud voices

Several of my team have loud voices and seem to be getting louder and louder. I'm not afraid of dealing with issues as they arise, but have been ignoring this one. I don't know how to approach it - what should I do?

Thanks!

I was one of those loud ones..was just the way I was in the setting.. staff used to remind me ..

it was not shouting but I was taught at school how to project my voice for public speaking and it seems to have stuck..

Children were used to it but it used to intimidate some of the younger, newer ones until they knew me...so we had whisper hours at the setting.. where all had to be done in a whisper.. or as quiet as we could.. that was for all.. just to remind us that we need not be loud to get the children to respond to us..

actually that was my way of getting anyone to listen.. I used to whisper or say it very quietly and they had to be quiet to hear me.. loud was just me !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was one of those loud ones..was just the way I was in the setting.. staff used to remind me ..

it was not shouting but I was taught at school how to project my voice for public speaking and it seems to have stuck..

Children were used to it but it used to intimidate some of the younger, newer ones until they knew me...so we had whisper hours at the setting.. where all had to be done in a whisper.. or as quiet as we could.. that was for all.. just to remind us that we need not be loud to get the children to respond to us..

actually that was my way of getting anyone to listen.. I used to whisper or say it very quietly and they had to be quiet to hear me.. loud was just me !

This is me. My voice is naturally loud and as a musician that has sung for a good 15 years, I'm used to projecting my voice too. I'm also very aware of how loud my voice is at work and try to reign it in as much as I can, but then I've never had anyone make a comment on how loud I am.

Apart from my mother, but then I always tell her its her fault because she spawned me haha.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)