Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How to get outstanding

HIya,

I am the chair of a pre-school and have asked our leader to work one day a week specifically on moving from good to outstanding for our next inspection.

We have a good budget to one side in our bank to help fund any necessary purchases/training/development etc.

i know this is properly a hard one to answer but anyone else who has outstanding now have any hints or tips of things to do which can help to really push from good to outstanding?

thanks

xxx

Are you using your last Ofsted report in order to address any issues that they picked up from your last inspection? These would be my obvious first thoughts in order to move forward.

The other major thing would be to arrange good practice visits to similar settings or other nursery or pre-schools in your area that have either good or outstanding ratings. These visits can be really useful for all members of staff. When arranging visits it is good to have an idea of what it is you want to look at e.g. their planning and assessment procedures, how they engage parents, how they narrow the gap between groups of children, how they organise their learning environment indoors and out etc.

This helps the other setting ensure that you get the most out of your visit.

I am sure there will be lots of other suggestions on here so good look with your journey to outstanding :-)

you could also look at the watchsted.com website on the non domestic childcare-they give last 100 ofsteds from outstanding to inadequate - you can get ideas on what inspectors look for and where settings need to make improvements so can give you a good insight x

You could go to 'find an inspection report' on the ofsted site and use the filters to find the same type of groups as yours, in your local authority area and over the last month/3 months etc to see what they are highlighting as areas for action. You will possibly see a pattern emerge with the different inspectors. :huh:

Keep your on this forum. As we get ofsteded you will find feedback of our experience.

You could also look at self evaluation tools. Ecers is actually a self evaluation but you can use to audit what you have to offer. There is the sstew to look for.

Your local authority may run a quality improvement programme this would also help.

Good luck

hiya,

yes we have a copy of the last report and what ofsted want as good/oustanding etc so we using that as a basis for her to work from.

will have a look at the outstanding schools locally and see what they come back with. - looking for patterns may be a good one

thanks everyone x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)