Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Using EY Pupil Premium

What concerns me the most about all of this is Ofsted are going to the same about this as everything else.

One inspector will say Yes thats fine- you have spent all of your £5-59p of EYPP on enhancing your XY and it is obviously making a difference.

The setting up the road, who has a different inspector will be told No, you cant spend your money on enhancing XY-

Rather a basic example but you know what I mean. Do you agree?

Edited by lynned55
  • Like 1

Hi caffeienfreak, can you go back to your LA re the payment in January. I'm sure the money is meant to come to you with your usual funding which is termly. And if yours isn't perhaps they have an interim arrangement for this first year?

Regarding OFSTED, we will see how this look when the new framework comes out for September, but it wont be OFSTEDs job to decide whether or not you can spend the money on xyz. Their job will be to see how you are showing that your decisions are having impact on children's learning/development. Each inspector will,no doubt see many many things that settings have spent the money on, but it will be a case of how effective is what you spent it on?

• 1 month later...

Sat here trying to figure out how to 'creatively' spend it and wondered if others had started spending theirs yet and what type of things you are spending it on, my guidance says 'the government would like the childcare sector to utilise the EYPP to raise the skills level of the workforce'.. well that really isn't going to happen on the amount we have, I'm thinking more:

A: Child's Next Steps + B: Child's interest = C: What we could spend it on, and if others get to benefit to then great, any thoughts much appreciated. :)

I have quite a few but these children came to us as funded 2 year olds for 15 hours a week and now they are funded 3/4 year olds they are least at the same level or higher than the other children. Not surprising because many came when they were just 2. Its going to be hard to show improvement.

Apparently my early years are not going to be checking it too carefully. I will just buy what I think will benefit them using their next steps and interests. I know they will improve anyway it will be hard to prove whether new resources have helped. My setting has become very resourceful over the years. All Staff can sew and make things. We have a brilliant set of phonics and maths activities all printed and laminated.

My husband is very good at making wooden toys.

I am just planning to look through the catalogues over the half term. The trouble is my husband will say that he can make it much cheaper.

Apparantly I can use it to fund a breakfast snack for the children that I know don't have a breakfast at home. I also thought about buying some resources and books for parents to borrow.

I like the idea of the numicon resources. Increase the ethnic resources.

• Like 1