Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Is Coming....

catma

Oh... here is the topic I was searching for !!!

Hi Steve,

I heard about a Christmas avatar and I tried to save an 'image' that seems to appear beside the title of the web site, which comes with a red X... I thought I would be able to save it, even if I couldn't see it... but my Incredimail has gotten stuck when I tried to do so. I don't know if that is the avatar that had been mentioned and why it seems to be corrupted. Just to let you know. Okay?

Um - don't think so Susan/Marion. I fell off the ladder while I was putting the star on the top, but I didn't pull the lights from the socket! :o

Smiley, the little red cross where a graphic is supposed to be usually means that the graphic is not stored correctly (the path to the filename is inaccurate or the file has been deleted). This would be why you had trouble down/uploading it. :)

Hi -

I think what's happening here is that your original animated gifs are larger than the maximum dimensions that avatars are supposed to have.

The system is re-sizing them but in the process it converts them to a different format (jpg). jpg files won't animate.

Three things can happen here - either you can try to find smaller animated gifs (currently the maximum size permitted is 64 * 64) or I increase the maximum size (but no doubt some of you will still find files that are too big! :o ) or I try to find a more permanent solution...

Let's try number 2 first. I'll increase the maximum size to 100 * 100 and see if your re-uploaded avatars will fit into that category.

Ok - that seems to have done it partially at least.

As long as your original avatars are 100 * 100 or less they should animate.

Then you can have a lovely gaudy thing like me, for example... :o

(This is Steve by the way, using a test account! :) )

Well this one is OK - thankyou. I still can't get my running Santa to work and he did last year. Interesting thing is I get rid of the avatar and then upload another but it gives me the first one i loaded again anyway when i try and update it to the new one. anyway this one is very nice so I'll stick with it for now.i've lost my Polar Bear now so will have to relocate it after xmas.

What a clever boy you are Steve getting this site to be so very very good. :o

Um - don't think so Susan/Marion. I fell off the ladder while I was putting the star on the top, but I didn't pull the lights from the socket!  :o

Smiley, the little red cross where a graphic is supposed to be usually means that the graphic is not stored correctly (the path to the filename is inaccurate or the file has been deleted). This would be why you had trouble down/uploading it.  :)

43987[/snapback]

Oh, Steve... I don't understand much... How can I fix it so I can see the avatar from the web site xD ?

Hi Smiley -

If you copy and paste the address of the webpage you want the avatar to come from, and describe it to me I'll see if I can find out what's wrong with it.

Better do that in an email though - you can send the link to me at steve@foundation-stage.info :)

Hi Smiley -

If you copy and paste the address of the webpage you want the avatar to come from, and describe it to me I'll see if I can find out what's wrong with it.

Better do that in an email though - you can send the link to me at steve@foundation-stage.info  :)

44018[/snapback]

OH xD ! But I refer to the avatar up here... in the web page... just on the right hand side of 'fsf:' :o

Edited by SmileyPR

For me the christmas banner only shows on the homepage - sorry, I should have mentioned this before, Steve xD

I don't think I'll be changing, this year, I've grown too fond of my star - and it's quite Christmassy, anyway!!

Sue :o

For me the christmas banner only shows on the homepage - sorry, I should have mentioned this before, Steve :(

I don't think I'll be changing, this year, I've grown too fond of my star - and it's quite Christmassy, anyway!!

Sue  xD

44029[/snapback]

:o ! Thanks Sue! Now I saw the nice Christmas tree in the Home Page :D !