Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recruitment

Guest Hornet108

Guest Hornet108

Hello,

I am new to this but you won't believe how happy I was when I found this forum :D

It's just good to see that some of you out there have similar problems with staff/children/parents etc. I was seriously loosing my mind thinking that it is only me!!

Do you also have problems with recruiting the right staff?? I have to say over the years it has become more and more difficult :( I advertise on many websites, use agencies but it is not going great. I would have thought there are thousands of people who want to work in childcare but obviously not!

It's just frustrating because it is so important to have the right team!

I have hope!

Hi and welcome to the forum, you will wonder how you ever lived without it!! We all have similar issues and its nice to know that you are not alone and there is always great advice to be had from lots of different people on here, all you need to do is ask.

As for recrutment, it is always a problem for us as we are very rural and we are only sessional.

• Like 2

Hi Hornet108 and welcome, I also need to start a recruitment process and keep putting it off, choosing to cover rather than sort this out.....so if you find anyone good but only have room for 1 please send my way and save me the trouble :) my last effort wasn't to great and about to lose a long standing member of staff who is just brilliant, never rubs anyone up the wrong way, always proactive in thinking about/ setting up activities, never that 'can't be bothered' attitude, doesn't sulk for a week if I mention anything...I have to stop burying my head in the sand and get on with it :(

Edited by Mouseketeer

Welcome to the forum :1b

Hate recruitment also - I have only ever been successful by ending up employing ex-parents/committee members who decide they want to train up - although that's a thing of the past these days as training is no longer free for the mature people.

For us it's the 'packaway' that puts most people off, they say they don't mind but doing it day-in day-out is a real strain and most people leave because of it :(

I too am struggling as we are sessional, term-time only, packaway and semi-rural! xD Plus I want a qualification AND supervisory experience. You'd think I was asking for the moon on a stick...

No advice, sorry, but you're not alone. Good luck!

I too am struggling as we are sessional, term-time only, packaway and semi-rural! xD Plus I want a qualification AND supervisory experience. You'd think I was asking for the moon on a stick...

No advice, sorry, but you're not alone. Good luck!

Same sort of location as us, plus affluent area so most don't want to work either!

Hello,

I'm a new-be too!!!!

Recruitment is a real problem for us also at the minute. Been advertising for nearly 2 months with no luck. It's been so hard. I have just but a high recruiting now sign up so fingers crossed that might work.

Recruiting can be a headache. Sometimes I will get a few suitable people and not know who to choose and other times I get no-one suitable at all! I recently advertised for a Senior nursery nurse and got not one application! If I interview for a Junior member of staff I tend to have more luck but more often then not, the choice is not great...