Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

hot water!

We rent a classroom in a local school, have noticed today that we have not hot water in our toilets. School are going to get a plumber out but this could take a few days to resolve, am I right in thinking without hot running water in the toilets that we can't open? I'm sure it's part of welfare but don't want to jump the gun and close unnecessarily, we are way overdue ofsted! Haven't been on here for a while and forgot how good it is to be able to ask these things!

You could always rally round the parents and ask them to bring in flasks and fill them with hot water. Then you wouldn't have to close.

It just depends what is in your policy, or amend it for this occasion. Many years ago, I kept open for 3 weeks when our boiler was broken with inventive heating, hot water etc, but hence the newer policy on we close if we don't have hot water/heating.

We do not have a hot water supply at all, we have been ofsted many times as it's been like that all the time, we rent our building too. As far as Ofsted go running water is a must but never encountered any other issues. We have purchased a portable hand wash thing but this was after our last inspection and just because I saw, I liked, I bought.

We do not have a hot water supply at all, we have been ofsted many times as it's been like that all the time, we rent our building too. As far as Ofsted go running water is a must but never encountered any other issues. We have purchased a portable hand wash thing but this was after our last inspection and just because I saw, I liked, I bought.

We rent a church hall . When the children wash their hands they use cold water and soap .When Ofsted visited last year it was never mentioned . I also work in a Day Nursery and they do let the children use Hot Water (but it is regularly temp checked )

What portable hand wash equipment do you have forever young. A few years ago I had a red and yellow plastic one that we couldn't get on with. I visited a preschool locally recently and noticed they had a stainless steel one that plugs into the electric. Looks wonderful but costs over £500.00 !!!

V

We have kiddiewash sounds like what you had! We love ours but it is only for snack/lunch handwash not paint or mud etc we have a bowl of water in these areas to cover that. We only had small one too I have seen the electric ones which look fantastic but as you say I cover my eyes and hide at the price x