Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policy confusion!

Running Bunny

Help!

(I'm putting this in here rather than committee members as it seems to fit more)

We review our playgroup policies regularly on a rolling programme and every time I question the policy statement as there are colour co-ordinated boxes with the heading' EYFS Themes and Commitments' with various numbers 1.2, 2.1 etc.

I ask why they are there and what they refer to and the stock answer seems to be "Well, they've always been there" (yes, I know!)

So, I've taken it on myself to find out to what these numbers refer and I thought they might be cross referenced with our policies, which they aren't. A bit of Googling has found the Themes and Commitments poster from 2013 and the numbers match this, but can't find any reference to them now? I've been out of frontline Early Years for 6 years, can someone confirm that they aren't part of the EYFS anymore?

Thanks!

It's referring to the poster that used to be in the 2008 EYFS. (99%sure)

I 'think' it is still good practice although I've not found it included in the revised additions.

We updated our polices using the PSLA and they no longer have the coloured band headings that the old ones had.

• Like 1

Yes - we use the PLA ones and revise them to our own practice.

That's the assumption I'd reached - that they hadn't been updated. Of course, no-one knows where the original paperwork from when we signed up so that we can update the revised versions. Unless I've been mislead on that too?

It's just a bit worrying that the supervisor didn't know what they referred to and they are so obviously coloured, that if Ofsted ask about them, no-one would have a clue! Time for some deleting....

Thanks for the replies.

I was told by an O inspector once that if they see the coloured banding they are more likely to cross-question you on them as you may have just adopted them wholesale without making them relevant to your own practice. If they don't look like that, chances are you have made them your own and you'll only be asked if you have policy for this and that

• Like 2

If you brought the PSLA polices and procedure handbook you maybe able to download the updates. If you log in to their website and look unders shop downloads you will see if you have the updates available. If you purchase the updated version you key in the code given and are able to access updates at any time.

Worth taking a look

Anne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)