Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Newly registered settings

Helen

sorry to be selfish here, but anything that keeps them away from my door is a good thing :D:D:D But seriously, it does seem just so wrong that a new provision can be left status less for that lenght of time. How would that affect funding, or provision of 2 year old places?

• Like 1

So some children could spend the whole of their funded years (if funded at two) in a setting that has never been inspected and could be poor quality? That's quite worrying. Is this about inspector capacity?

I wonder if the pre reg visits are going to be even more thorough?

I was looking through the current OFSTED data and couldn't find anything on % of first time inspections that were good or better? Anyone else seen it at all as I am sure I have seen this in the past?

hi. we were registered april 2014 and got inspected last week. As you have said could not get outstanding as we could not show progress in such a short time. as for funding...here newly registed not yet inspected settings still get 2 yr funding. only those inspected good and above get 2 yr funding. however lots of settings being downgraded so now it seems that they can keep the funding if on an area where 2yr fundong ia needed ie no other places and so long as they are following improvement plans