Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journey topics

Hi Nyem, we do, though it is now just a headed page to add evidence in each area (used to have each area broken down into each aspect, but have given up on that, staff initial which aspect it relates to now....pics, stick it notes etc, going to be using Tapestry fully from sept, but still using this to, not confident enough yet to make a complete switch and still think staff will gather evidence that needs to go somewhere. :)

No we don't, goes in on a date basis, observations and or photos are numbered and those numbers correlate to our development matters statement booklets at back of learning journey, the numbers are colour coded per term so we know when achieved

we do chronologically, without splitting into areas, but this year i am having to put literacy and numeracy in separate sections as when the school has book trawls no one understands how to look for evidence/work in the journeys, despite explaining! and having subjects/aspects written on post it/photo etc. and having a tracker to look at for dates of literacy observations...... hey ho! reception have to use a book for lit and num evidence for same reason. so i suggested we split ours before i was told to use a book!!!!!!!!!!

We did - then didn't - this year have gone back :blink: to the 7 areas I mean :P

Although doing it in date order was much easier initially, when we wanted to check progress in a certain area, when we were moderating and when it came to doing the end of year reports we found date order difficult.

• Like 1

I like just being able to pick up anyone's and see if staff are struggling to gather evidence in certain areas, or randomly reading an ob to see if they've pulled the evidence and recorded correctly, have found this quite time consuming when LJ's have come in from other settings not split into areas ...but it is just about what works for you at the end of the day isn't it ?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)