Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activities for first day back

I have the tuff spot filled with dry sand, diggers and tractors as I know that I have lots of boys who have a big interest in these. We have play doh with cutters, knives and scissors to asses fine motor skills. I have sponge painting and painting with brushes on the easel as they are always mad for free painting in September. I have free access to the mark making resources and on the table tops I have peg puzzles and button threading. Floor play I have provided small wooden tree slices and they can (and will) pull out anything else they require. Will not think about outside until tomorrow!!

For everyone starting back tomorrow I wish us all luck!! (and no inspections)

• Like 5

I'm having the building site in the Tuff Spot too - but will be starting with a dozen or so balsa wood blocks, Bob the builder and other characters. I will also add the building site fencing and some shaving foam so that they can build a wall - I usually colour the foam with a touch of black to give a cement colour; will probably add sand and pebbles on Friday.

Not been able to decide on what to put on the 'activity' table; I think your idea of sponge painting is good, so will run with that.

I am trialing the 'Choosing book' tomorrow, so that will be interesting.

Thank you!

So how was everybody's first day back? Ours was great, incredibly happy children (only one newbie today) seems so quiet as we have gone from 24 children each session down to 9 today!! Great really having time to spend quality time with each child and actually being able to hear them talking as the noise level is so reduced. Lets hope all the newbies settle as well when they start next week. So at the moment I am :1b

So how was everybody's first day back? Ours was great, incredibly happy children (only one newbie today) seems so quiet as we have gone from 24 children each session down to 9 today!! Great really having time to spend quality time with each child and actually being able to hear them talking as the noise level is so reduced. Lets hope all the newbies settle as well when they start next week. So at the moment I am :1b

Lovely!

We are not back until Monday! :1b

ooooh, what's a choosing book?!

A book which has photos of every toy/activity that is stored in the cupboard - we do not have room for self-selection of many toys so the children have the opportunity to choose something that is not out.

My first day ever was Wednesday. I only have a handful of children and getting worried that there may be more adults than children for some to come! Are there any marketing tips (low cost) anyone can pass on that I may not have thought of yet.

My first day ever was Wednesday. I only have a handful of children and getting worried that there may be more adults than children for some to come! Are there any marketing tips (low cost) anyone can pass on that I may not have thought of yet.

Netmums, yell.com, website, local shop, local library, when you see houses sell, pop a flyer through their door they might need childcare, run a Parent & Toddler session

We ask the question of our new starters, where did they hear about us, and 95% are from recommendation.

Keep plodding you'll get there!

We went back Thursday , had all visits from our new children and parents , all ready to commence next week. We finally had our new access to the garden built during the holidays so we now have free flow rather than going via the kitchen , we have a canopy too and are just awaiting our welly racks to mount on the wall.

We also had wifi installed and purchased a tablet from aldi for the children , it has been specifically designed for children , so all good so far

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)