Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspections

Narnia please don't pack in you have great support from your parents you are a well respected practitioner and an all round nice person. Appeal it can do no harm and could possibly make you feel better we are often victims of the interpretations of individual inspectors if we don't make our voices heard it will never change. Be strong and follow your convictions take care xxx

Narnia this won't do, talking of packing it all in. You need to get your fighting hat on, and campaign for better, relevant inspections. Ask your parents to write to Ofsted, write to chief inspector yourself and anyone else you can think of to make them say, "what's this all about? Inspections are all very well but they must be rooted in common sense, surely these inspectors must know the impact they have upon us when the knock on the door comes, the managers of the most well run establishments must have thousands of little things running through their minds as inspection takes place, it's impossible, I think to run a virtually normal session under those circumstances. You had done all the correct things, these workers did not pose a threat. All the inspectors should have queried is that she thought one jumped over the fence - and would it be possible to install a higher one, and leave it as a suggestion.

These inspectors must too realise how a few words absolutely devastate us and all well run pre-schools, they must also recognise that we are businesses not government run schools. Schools can get bad inspections but don't go out of business generally - their negative words can destroy our businesses overnight. Ofsted must not be the sole arbiter of good standards in this country LA's really should come back and give another voice.

• Like 7

The morning after the last day of another year without Ofsted turning up. Two years of regularly pushing myself to edit the SEF, development plans and policies on a weekend, late night or morning before work, in case we would be inspected - work which should be done at an allocated time, with some proper head space, not out of fear of being unfairly judged and having to live with the result of that for many years. Our small pre-school is in an area where there is no shortage of places, we're not feeding into any village school and parents have to drive and make an effort to have their child with us. "A few words would absolute devastate us", as Panders wrote, is so true.

• Like 2

Because I sopke to our lead teacher today and her advice is' probably best not to contest it you know, they can only judge you on what they see on the day'...............maybe so.............. :(

I could see that coming.........

I know it's easy for me to say but contest, contest, contest!

Thinking of you and sending a huge hug x