Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

DBS

Hi, I have just set up for staff DBS checks with Capita, following advice and help from forum members, was very easy and DBS's were completed in less than a week, it cost £52 for each person, the setting has paid it, but it is to be refunded if full employment doesn't continue following probation period or staff leave within the first 12 months it will be deducted from final wage payment.

So you are not insisting on new staff setting up an update account?

Also, my impression from an older thread is that most settings ask staff to pay themselves - that applicants come along with their three pieces of ID, two references and an update account number (or whatever it is).

No not insisting on staff setting up an update account, I've told them they can but to be honest I've got what I want, it's up to them if they want to do it to save themselves having to do others somewhere else, I don't see how it's going to benefit our setting....or maybe it does ?

I don't think staff would be happy to pay themselves initially, capita gave log in info to give to staff, they enter their evidence, Bring it to you to check and confirm and that's it, 4 days, then a few days later they received certificates :)

I could be wrong but I thought they still had to pay initial DBS fee then the £13 a year (or whatever it is) to join the update service, but not sure as haven't done it.

I tried to use TMG finleysmaid as that's who I used for paper crbs but found it a nightmare just trying to register for the online service, so gave up and changed to capita, they were extremely helpful when I contacted them, it was very easy (even for me) and TMG was £64 not £52 :)

• Like 1

I could be wrong but I thought they still had to pay initial DBS fee then the £13 a year (or whatever it is) to join the update service, but not sure as haven't done it.

I tried to use TMG finleysmaid as that's who I used for paper crbs but found it a nightmare just trying to register for the online service, so gave up and changed to capita, they were extremely helpful when I contacted them, it was very easy (even for me) and TMG was £64 not £52 :)

Did you have to call Capita to register or could you do it on-line do you know?

I was with them with the paperless system, but haven't had to do a CRB/DBS for years!!

I just phoned (0870850216 and said I wanted to register our setting, they sent forms by email straight away, I completed on pc, just printed off signature page and scanned back in, a couple of days later I had emails with all log in info for myself and one for staff to do their side of it :)

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

Ey2 then Capita, committee have to go through Ofsted first and on a seperate portal.

Well unless that's changed as well.

When you say separate portal, do you mean they have to have their own sign in to the Government Gateway?

OR

Can we sign in on our Gateway account and fill in the EY2 with them?

Edited by thumperrabbit

Well Thumperabbit I'm loosing the will, after posting I went onto the Ofsted site to search for the appropriate forms, guidance etc, but I am unable to find anything.

I know recently of posters saying that each individual had to register online as part of a committee, then you are redirected to the Capita portal for committee DBS checks, now I can't find anything anywhere.

My last ones where filled in by the paper method, then directed to the Ofsted Capita portal site.

Help someone, where is it.:(

• Like 1

Nope separate government gateway each, linked to your setting with either registration number or application id if in process if registering. You can't submit ey2 until DBS is back as you need to put in number from DBS certificate. You can fill in ey2 and save though for when you've got DBS back!

https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/OnlineOfsted/default.aspx

That's website then login and all saved forms applications etc are available. Or register as a new user x

Oh Woodlands will you just come and do my committee for me xDxD

Step by step please for a very frustrated me

Firstly I need to speak to Capita to get registered for on-line applications - yes or no?

Then what?

Committee member does Capita bit first?

Or do they need to be Ofsted Gateway registered first?

Haha no sorry :-)

Well ours is to register individuals for domestic premises but I believe it's exactly the same with the ey2 forms so.....

1. They create an ofsted online account from the link above

2. On the left hand side when logged in choose online applications and then ey2.

3. Fill in the ey2 as much as you can - when you get to DBS check if you say you haven't already got one it brings you up the link so you can do one

4. Follow that link and do the DBS check - this needs to be paid for now

5. Print off the verification form (link on the DBS check website bit) and registered person can do all this verifying bit.

6. Scan or send all the copies of documents (as the verifier not individual)

7. Get them to go back to ey2 once DBS comes through and enter the certificate number

8. Submit ey2 and hey presto!

No you don't need to register or anything with capita! Hope that helps!

• Like 2