Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Am I registered with Ofsted or not!

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

I am a PVI setting. In Feb we had our AGM and 5 new members joined the committee. After a few hiccups with filling the EY2 paper form, then having to do it on line my Chair person has just been informed that due to our Charity number changing 2 couple of years ago and Ofsted not being informed she now has to fill out a EY0 form, which we did last week.

The information on this form asks all the questions that Ofsted should already have about us. We are waiting for Ofsted to turn up and inspect us any time now. We were inspected in Dec 2009 and received outstanding.

I am really worried. My Chair has spoken to Ofsted and explained that we are waiting for our inspection and they informed her that this matter will not affect our inspection, as long as they are kept in the loop with the progress, as they realise that getting all the committee members together to fill out the relevant forms does take time.

What are your feelings on this matter? Is this why Ofsted haven't been in to inspect us earlier? As I am not directly dealing with this I feel this could be a big issue and I would not want Ofsted to marks us down on inspection when the manager and staff have worked tirelessly to make this a fantastic setting.

The secretary, who was on the committee when the charity number changed had left and she informs the chair that she is sure she would have let them know but, is unable to locate on her computer any letters to Ofsted.

Very worried I am!

I am sure you will be fine.

Did you change your charity number due to becoming incorporated etc.

We had to do tthis.

They did inspect us soon after re-registering but it was fine.

Just keep them in the loop, and note any conversations and with whom for any future reference.

Good luck with your inspection when they do arrive. It really isn't that bad.:}

Guest colechin

Yes Fredbear, it was due to becoming a limited company or something like that! but, it was over 2 years ago when this happened. Thank you for your reassurance though.

I just need to get these amended policies in place and I would feel better. Also a key member of staff if on holiday the last 2 weeks of this term, so I would love them to arrive before she goes away. I think I must be the only one who wishes Ofsted would knock on our door.... after I do the amended policies. Maybe, today is going to be a long working day for me.

Guest colechin

sunnyday, I will check with my treasurer tomorrow. Thank you for mentioning this as this will clear some of the mess up.