Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End of pre-school report

Hello

I have just been reading the 2014 Early Years Foundation Stage Profile Handbook and have been looking at information regarding creating an end of pre-school report for children transitioning to reception. Does anyone NOT do this?

Thanks

Sally

we produce reports three times a year so the last one is the transition report but in this borough we do not have lea transition reports to do. I think most good settings would be wanting to send a report about the child's achievements wouldn't they?

We do a similar thing to the progress check but with all areas. A box with some comments for each area and a rough guideline of the band they are working within. This is what we have produced in liaison with the schools we feed rather than being LA produced. The detailed records of the child then go home with the parent!

Thanks for your replies

Currently we do not do a report unless the school (reception teacher) has requested it. I have just read that the profile feeds into reception and then reception completes the profile, however, it is my understanding that reception classes only take a very quick glance at the profile we have produced.......

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Previously we have done the one produced by the LEA, however, last year the reception teacher told me she doesn't want them!! In between a rock and a hard spot now. County say we have to do them for funding, and they take hours to produce and the teacher can't be bothered to read them, what a slap in the face that is. Thinking of making a very shortened version that will suffice. If any of you have a scaled down version I would be very grateful.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Korkycat - simple and to the point. Not sure if the characteristics of effective learning would be that useful, as I don't think the reception teacher would know what they are!

The Characteristics of Effective Learning are part of the areas of learning and development ...

'1.10 In planning and guiding children’s activities, practitioners must reflect on the different ways that children learn and reflect these in their practice. Three characteristics of effective teaching and learning are ... '

The reception teacher should be as aware of this as those of us in nursery.

Thanks Korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)