Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Are you Ready?

mundia

To go with the other thread about the OFSTED annual report, this was also published today, about school readiness.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/are-you-ready-good-practice-school-readiness

The 'tone' of the two documents actually seem different to me. But it may answer some questions about what OFSTED9and others ) perceive school readiness to be.

Happy further reading. Gosh my kindle is going to be busy this evening

I've read it and Mr Wilshaw's comments, and I can not but help find it ironic that just 2 days ago we recieved the new statutory framework for sept 14 which yet again contains the undefined term "school readiness" which seems to be the crux of the both debates.

Is it any wonder that there is lack of consistency, trying to meet an undefined term.....

I suspect that we will find the learning and development portion of the EYFS gets changed soon..

Also, is it just me, or do all these flipping things seem to get published just as we are all trying to gear down for the end of term....Just means my to do list gets longer and longer for the holidays.

No it's not just you :1b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)