Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted - Outstanding in all areas

mary60

Lashes I know how you feel, we have been working so hard to get an Outstanding on this inspection. We truly feel that is what we give each day. However because our inspection was triggered by a malicious complaint (which was unfounded and not upheld n the slightest) instead of a natural inspection we were told that Good was the highest we could receive.... Gutted.

I'd query that hoolahoney as we had a complaint from a crazy person who visited which was purely fictional! It didn't trigger an inspection but she did complain directly to ofsted so we had to do a report etc etc. We got outstanding on our next inspection and the complaint doesn't show as it wasn't upheld?

We suspect we know who it is, lets just say they run a similar business not too far away so yes it happens. The inspector said herself that we would only be able to get a Good at the most because the inspection was triggered by a complaint and has to go through an adjudicator etc. Complaint wasn't upheld (because it was a load of made up tosh) and isn't on our report thankfully and we did question it but was told a lot of settings only get adequate after a complaint so apparently we are one of the fortunate ones. Doesn't change the fact that we have been cheated out of a chance at outstanding by petty nastiness.

We suspect we know who it is, lets just say they run a similar business not too far away so yes it happens. The inspector said herself that we would only be able to get a Good at the most because the inspection was triggered by a complaint and has to go through an adjudicator etc. Complaint wasn't upheld (because it was a load of made up tosh) and isn't on our report thankfully and we did question it but was told a lot of settings only get adequate after a complaint so apparently we are one of the fortunate ones. Doesn't change the fact that we have been cheated out of a chance at outstanding by petty nastiness.

What a terrible experience for you.......

I have read before that you won't get an Outstanding after a 'complaint driven' inspection - I can't see how that is justified at all :( was it a 'full' inspection?

What did they record in the 'Not yet Oustanding because' box?

Edited by sunnyday

I just wanted to share our good news with you all. We are a small setting and a registered charity with 7 staff and at the end of February we received outstanding in all areas.

We have been expecting Ofsted since the beginning of the school year but that didn't stop the nerves when the inspector arrived unannounced. Our last inspection was Good and due to the change in inspections we were hoping for the same, to get outstanding was a dream come true. As you can imagine we all cried, I'm not sure what the inspector thought of that. The worse part was not being able to share our good news with the parents/carers for a whole 3 weeks until the report came through.

I have to say it really hasn't sunk in yet.

To those of you who keep getting good and wonder what you have to do to get outstanding don't be disheartened, keep doing what you do best and you will get there too.

brilliant well done!

• Like 1

No, it depends on whether the complaint is upheld. If the complaint is shown to be unfounded on inspection there is no reason why a setting shouldn't get outstanding: (the inspector looks at the evidence on the day and uses the evaluation schedule to make a judgment). If the complaint is shown to be true then the inspector will take this into account when considering judgements using the evaluation schedule.

Pw