Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Granny's Teeth

Has anyone borrowed 'Granny's Teeth'? * :blink:

I love the idea and have emailed my dentist to ask if he has any spare dentures - I did warn him that this is probably the most bizarre request he has ever received!

I await his reply! :P

* See ABC Does

Fascinating but I'm a Granny and still have all my teeth and so did my Mum who was 99 when she died. Do I like being stereotyped? Discuss!

Ahh ... ABCs granny was only 93; I'm a granma too but haven't reached either age - though I hope to, of course! The teeth could equally have belonged to 'granpa' or even 'mum' - my mum had false teeth at 29 years! :o

Thereby starts the discussion! :D

No we haven't but I'd love to hear how you get on. :D

Going to ABC's conference next Friday...can't wait!

Hope you'll share with us - you're SO lucky! I'm not envious ... of course.

We had a dentist visit and she bought a set with her........ All was going well, then she said to me quietly 'we do need to need to be very careful with them, a have the final fitting for their owner later today' After that all I could think of was them being dropped and broken and the poor little old lady having to have soup for the next few weeks!

all I could think of was them being dropped and broken and the poor little old lady having to have soup for the next few weeks!

Not being 'stereotypical', of course! :ph34r:

Ageism, whether for young or old, is a discriminatory practice, so stereotyping people who are regarded as old, such as grandparents who may have lost their teeth or have grey hair, or have difficulty walking or whatever, stereotypes people and is something we should avoid for, as a previous poster has said, it isn't just the elderly who have problems with teeth.

Not being 'stereotypical', of course! :ph34r:

:1b :1b No not stereotypical at all.

I should have explained - they were actually a very very old lady's set, and the dentist had brought those ones specifically as they were the smallest set she had every had to fit- and she felt it would be more beneficial for the children to see something that was more or less the size of their own teeth.

xxx

• Like 1

Oh no...............................now I need to use all the ideas after all. Talking to a relative about this, she's just had veneers done..............and she has several sets of blue teeth that were done on a 3D printer, never been near her mouth! Poundland, here I come for toothbrushes etc

Oh no...............................now I need to use all the ideas after all. Talking to a relative about this, she's just had veneers done..............and she has several sets of blue teeth that were done on a 3D printer, never been near her mouth! Poundland, here I come for toothbrushes etc

Tesco's are good for toothbrushes- about 10p each the value ones.

We gave our parents the option of bringing in their own for child named etc, or to just have a value one (so we couldn't be moaned at afterwards by parents for using 'wrong' ones) . The dentist used disclosing tablets (again signed permission) we thought the children wouldn't want to try them but they all did.

Has anyone borrowed 'Granny's Teeth'? * :blink:

I love the idea and have emailed my dentist to ask if he has any spare dentures - I did warn him that this is probably the most bizarre request he has ever received!

I await his reply! :P

* See ABC Does

Teeth await my collection!! :D

But now ...

what shall I do with them? :ph34r: :huh: :P

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

I now have a half-set (upper) of dentures which I am looking at with trepidation :blink: - they seem to be looking at me too :o from inside the clear plastic bag ... I am wondering who they belonged to. My husband was horrified when I put them on the kitchen table and insisted I move them - but not soon enough for him, so he found a tissue and very gingerly picked up the corner of the package and placed it out of 'harms way'!. I must admit, I'm not too sure about handling them :ph34r: .

But now ... what to do with them?

Thanks for your suggestion, Cait - I wonder if there are any more ideas.