Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Level 3 for childminding by 2015

I have decided to carry on childminding and do my level 3 that we need by 2015 but what course is it that I need to do as I'm unsure and also where do I do the course or get the course if online course?

I'm really not sure but couldn't read and run! I suggest that your first port of call should be your local area advisor who should have all the information you need. Failing that, go onto the DfE approved qualifications list and search for the one you want. This will provide you with the names of accredited training places. I googled level 3 childcare training this week and there are loads of training places out there, but if they aren't on the DfE list then avoid them! One of my staff found this out unfortunately, and she isn't a full and relevant 3 after all the work and money she put into it. (Before joining us)

Or you could ring someone like Cache?

Hi and a very warm welcome from me too! :1b

I don't know the answer either......might be worth checking out the PACEY website?

Failing that we have some great childminders that use this forum - sure one of them will be along soon :1b

• Like 1

I'm a childminder

I am not sure that it is actually compulsory to have your level 3? I have mine, I studied back in 2007/2008 for mine, the last time it was talked about having it before 2015!!

BUT I do think it is worth it! Pacey have just had a big call out for funding in my area (hampshire) give them a ring and see if you can get funding. Or your local LA x

Edited by Berryred

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)