Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recycling telephone box

Just want your thoughts please , we are trying to reduce our resources that we feel are surplus to requirements , we have a telephone box , silver with bt logo , made from mdf and excellent condition, we find the children remove the phone and never really use the box , possibly as not much room , possibly because many of them do not recognise using one or anyone else using one, therefore is it still relevant . Our dilemma is should we sell or convert it to a sensory box or something else , we would still have to pack away though. Your up cycling ideas or any other comments welcome

Yes Fb it is robust , we have a serious storage problem but hate to get rid of anything that could bed put to another use , up cycling would mean doing something that can still be flat packed away , thought of converting into sensory box , black out curtain for door , fluorescent stars on windows and something to make a roof then could possibly be used every day , does anyone else still use a telephone box in their setting ? Am I doing the right thing not using it for its original purpose , had a google last night and could not even find one to purchase which makes me think they are no longer used. The useable floor space is just enough for 2 at a squeeze.

Am I doing the right thing not using it for its original purpose , had a google last night and could not even find one to purchase which makes me think they are no longer used. The useable floor space is just enough for 2 at a squeeze.

yes, of course you are - no point having a resource that's not being used.........not really sure that many children would even know what a 'phone box is........mobiles and all that! :1b

Like all the 'make-over' ideas - if possible involve the children in any revamp :1b

• Like 1

Thanks for ideas, we have a shop front that fits the bill for shop, ticket office , and yes the children will be involved , they loved standing on chairs to design and put together wall display last week and deciding what should go on and where

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)