Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Childhood Degree.. What's next?

Hello,

I have has my degree in early childhood since last year, and I'm really stuck as to what I can do with it.

I have worked with children for 7 years before and after my degree, as senior and practitioner and I feel I have exhausted working in Childcare, I would like to still work with children but not directly In daycare. I am nearly at the end of my EYT (previously EYPS) and I would like some direction.

I feel my degree(s) are wasted, may just give up and work in a call centre lol

Please help!!

Hello,

I have has my degree in early childhood since last year, and I'm really stuck as to what I can do with it.

I have worked with children for 7 years before and after my degree, as senior and practitioner and I feel I have exhausted working in Childcare, I would like to still work with children but not directly In daycare. I am nearly at the end of my EYT (previously EYPS) and I would like some direction.

I feel my degree(s) are wasted, may just give up and work in a call centre lol

Please help!!

Oh no - agree with Finleysmaid - that's terribly sad - why do you feel your degree(s) are wasted?

Have you considered working in an advisory capacity via a local authority or for a training provider if you really feel you no longer want to work at the coal face as it were

Thanks for the reply. I haven't thought of that. What type of role is it? Maybe I should start looking

Oh no - agree with Finleysmaid - that's terribly sad - why do you feel your degree(s) are wasted?

I think I feel it's wasted because I haven't used much of what I've learned in any role. Perhaps I'm not in the correct role:(

I think I feel it's wasted because I haven't used much of what I've learned in any role. Perhaps I'm not in the correct role:(

well i hope that the three degree students who work with me don't feel the way you do! :huh: Perhaps you need to come and look at some other settings! :1b

well i hope that the three degree students who work with me don't feel the way you do! :huh: Perhaps you need to come and look at some other settings! :1b

The problem is that some settings are keen for their practitioners to get their degree (higher funding and all) but aren't so happy to have their practice challenged as a result of all that new learning. :(

Quite a few learners decide that their current setting is not the best place to implement all their new ideas and knowledge.

MsDaisy88 have you considered teaching adults at an FE college? It can be a rewarding way of impacting practice, and is intellectually very stimulating. Or, what about becoming an Ofsted inspector?

Good luck with whatever you do!

Hi,

I hope they don't too, I'm sure you would be able to tell if they did

Yeah possibly need to find another setting.

I feel I'm just a practitioner and not seen as a graduate with many years under my belt

:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)