Jump to content
Home
Forum
Join Us
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Using a microwave in the mud kitchen


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

What are your thoughts about children using a real microwave in the mud kitchen (lead and plug removed)? A parent has expressed her concern about this, she says it will encourage her child to use it at home and another is concerned about radiation! :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

we had one in our home corner indoors.. no one ever commented.. was better than the plastic toy ones.. and used a lot..

 

we explained that they could use ours but not one anywhere else...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the lady concerned about her child using theirs at home also object to you letting them use knives in cooking activities, etc which her child could also try to do if her back was turned or is it just the microwave that's a concern to her?

Explain to the other lady that microwave radiation is the same as is used by mobile phones and they are not radioactive.

Visible light is between radioactivity and microwave radiation. Microwaves are more like radio waves. She really doesn't need to worry about her child getting a dose of xrays.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your comments everyone! I fully intend to continue to use the microwave, and yes Mrs X even with the metal utensils! This parent said she had just taught her child not to put anything metal in a microwave ... ... ... a 3 yr old using a microwave at home? :huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)