Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policy Book Organisation

thumperrabbit

Having just read on another thread that 'Every Child Matters' is no longer 'in use' by DFE/Ofsted I've realised that I need to sort out my policy folder!

I was thinking about just going through Statutory Framework and putting the policies in order of each requirement, but then I'm sure there are a lot more policies in my current folder than there are requirement!! :D

So my question is, how do you organise yours?

The 'biggies' are at the front (safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality, SEN etc) then the rest are just in any order really. We have an index that gives the order, but I don't number the pages as it changes when you review/amend/add new policies. When we adopt a new policy, it usually behind the last one.

• Like 1

I used to have the welfare ones first, but have put the educational ones first - the vision, about learning experiences provided, assessments and SEN.

At the end procedures about recording and reporting.

The chapters are numbered e.g. 1 1.1, 1.2, 2 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3 3.1, 3.2, so no page numbers are needed.

I change the date at the bottom of the page when updated, then print, so there are different dates on different pages.

• 3 weeks later...

i thought there was only me stressing about thisafter spending all yesterday afternoon trying to sort this!! i opted to put policies regarding parents, admissionsand other stuff like behaviour healthy eating weather (!?) first then eased into staffing equal ops and came to the stunning conclusion that as long as i have all the policies i need and they are indexed and easy to locate then its fine. by this time man united had lost and the boyfriend realises i do more than play with kids at work!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)