Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A strange kind of a day

Sox

Today has been a day of mixed emotions! I started work at 730 this morning and I've only walked through the door!!!

Three days into our summer break I realised that we are running our strongest summer programme to date! The air has been filled with little minds talking about what has been happening and an awful lot of laughter, from the older children who though it would be funny to all throw water at me at the same time, ( I did have to laugh myself) to some lovely new babies settling in. Jumping over waves and building sand castles at the beach and stopping off for some ice-cream.

We had only returned from the beach, when I got a phone call from one of the father to ask if we could look after the children a little longer, as their mum had been taken ill and was being taken to hospital. Personal phone number given to dad and he was told not to worry the children would be cared for as long as was necessary. So we all jumped in the car and off we went for dinner and an unexpected trip to the cinema. :-)

The children had a brilliant time and home we went to meet granny who was going to stay the night, only to be met by granny at the front door in a flood of tears (husband just passed away and daughter admitted to the Same ward) so granny set down with a cuppa and a hug, and the children bathed, a couple of stories and tucked up in bed

After I came downstairs and had a long chat with granny, and as I was leaving she said you will have to be repaid in some way you have been put out of your way and I said I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love my job and after 20 years I haven't lost one ounce of passion for the children and parents I have the privilege to meet :-)

Edited to say this probably didn't make a lot of sense, but I'm really tired and a little emotional

Edited by Sox
  • Like 11

Reading your post made me feel a bit teary.

I do hope that if there is ever an emergency situation and my children need to be left with someone, that someone is like you. x