Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

prayer for chick that passed away

Hi all,

One of the chicks that hatched in the FSU I'm a student in sadly died over half term and the teacher has asked me to talk about it to the ch'ren tomorrow morning with an eye to them creating (writing) a prayer as its a C of E school to say goodbye to the chick during c-i as an adult-supported activity. I will be modelling it initially with whole class and thinking about some ideas so am looking for some ideas on examples to show them beforehand to discuss as whole class- have had little look online but they're a little heavy for what I'm looking for so wondering if you had any lovely simple suggestions please?

Thanking you!

Hear our gentle prayer, O God,
for our friends, the animals,
especially for those who are suffering;
for any that are lost or left alone
or frightened or hungry.
Make us to be true friends to animals
Give us a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.

Father God, we bring you our sadness in the loss of our chick and ask for courage to bear it. We bring you our thanks for our chick who lived here us and gave us so much happiness. We pass our little friend into your loving hands. Amen.

• Like 3

just noticed I missed a word - I put lived here 'with' us, but of course, they don't live at school, so took that out and didn't replace it! Who lived 'for a little while' with us was what it was meant to say, sorry

Father God, we bring you our sadness in the loss of our chick and ask for courage to bear it. We bring you our thanks for our chick who lived here us and gave us so much happiness. We pass our little friend into your loving hands. Amen.

How lovely - brought a tear to my eye........

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)