Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Paperwork

Hello

I wonder if anyone can answer a couple of questions for me.....

Firstly I would like to know it you have a member of paid staff doing your admin? (preschools rather than nurserys)

Secondly do your key workers take their children's files home to keep up to date or do they do them in the setting?

Hoping someone can help

:)

I own and manage my pre-school - I do all admin tasks! :1b

Yes my staff do take Learning Journey folders home to update - they know that I will always 'give' non-contact time within sessions to do this but they prefer to do it at home :1b

No doubt someone will come along to 'shoot' me quite soon! :ph34r: I don't have any qualms re safeguarding with my 'mature' and long-established staff team :1b

• Like 7

Afford for someone to do the paperwork - I wish - like sunnyday I do all the admin - most of it at home - Friday eve's are spend cosying up to the payroll software for example.

I try to free staff up to do some keyperson stuff during the session but this is not always possible and sometimes staff prefer to do it in peace and quiet at home when they're heads are in the right place to focus and do it properly.

I also do things like statement review write ups at home as I need to have my wits about me when I'm doing that sort of thing and being a church hall pre-school there's no office to hide away in to concentrate fully on the admin jobs and no internet access either for checking things out.

Edited by SueJ
  • Like 4

Do admin at home or occasionally going in to work as an extra - not very successful as always interrupted by children - no spare space , never mind an office. I get paid an extra hour a week but we really can't afford a proper administrator so share out jobs amongst some members of staff team. Payroll is now done for us for small fee by ex parent. We also take learning journeys home and have added a permission bit to registration form saying that staff take folders home and confidentiality will be ensured!

korkycat

• Like 1

No admin... could never afford one..

Childrens files were done in the setting with the children, not taken out of the setting...felt it was a good way of getting the children involved in their own files...

• Like 1

Mangerd does admin and key group files at home, staff are given the option to take them and sometimes do, but more usually it's done in the setting so that they can bounce ideas about, look at the EYFS together and then plan together.