Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What do preschoolers do all day?

Inge

Found this amongst all the discussion and follow up to 'that woman' and her comments...

Written by Sue Cowley an educational author, trainer and presenter. She volunteers in classrooms, and also helps to run her local preschool.

Striking a Balance

Would also suggest her other article Who are we doing it for anyway?

(my antivirus did not like the page, but checked with another who said it was ok )

I enjoyed the read and felt it summed up Early years rather well.

• Like 3

Inge - thank you very much for sharing these they are absolutely fabulous! :1b

(I would love to read some 'blogs' but have never worked out how to find them - doh! Any tips?)

I find them via facebook.. so not much help if you don't go there...all it takes is to find one person who posts about early years, often a trainer or some passionate group to post a link and it leads to a new find and someone else , not all are good, a lot i dismiss, and others interest me.. not just early years, but other things as well... I use it as a tool to the things I may be interested in.. this one came from an early years trainer..

Now it is set up they do the work and I read what I want to.. pass some on here, and post most to the facebook addicts page.. a lot is on facebook so unavailable without using it, so no point linking it here.. .

• Like 1

I don't know really Rea - makes me 'nervous' - I do know that I wouldn't want too many 'friends'.........and certainly not, definitely not, never, ever, ever any pre-school parents :ph34r:

What happens - I would have to 'refuse' people - is that right?

I just ignore them but I said no to one this week and Facebook asked me if I knew this person outside FB, I said no and they said they wouldn't let him ask me again. New stuffs always scary but honestly, once you've set your privacy levels its simple :)

• Like 1

I don't 'do' facebook but still find plenty of blogs to read / waste time over / become addicted to. You find one blog from another usually. Most bloggers have a section in their blog showing other blogs they 'follow'. You can find blogs through a Google search. Just Google 'early years blogs' or 'outdoor play blog' or whatever interests you. You could start with Teacher Tom. Its American but still relevant and I love it.

Good Luck and down with FB!! ;)

• Like 1

I don't 'do' facebook but still find plenty of blogs to read / waste time over / become addicted to. You find one blog from another usually. Most bloggers have a section in their blog showing other blogs they 'follow'. You can find blogs through a Google search. Just Google 'early years blogs' or 'outdoor play blog' or whatever interests you. You could start with Teacher Tom. Its American but still relevant and I love it.

Good Luck and down with FB!! ;)

Thank you! :1b