Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fractured leg anyone?

So..........one of my lovely boys suffered a fractured leg a few weeks back - cast on - now removed (2 weeks ago)

My question is - should his leg be returned to 'normal' or would you expect to see him 'dragging' it and his foot to be 'turned out'?

Is this just muscles that need to start to work again?

I was really quite concerned when I saw him this morning - didn't want to say too much as it was granny dropping him off - will see mum on Friday........

Thank you finleysmaid - I had thought that I would ask mum about physio on Friday.......

I'm probably worrying about nothing but I was a bit shocked this morning - granny said and I quote "he's dragging it a bit but we think he's just milking it" :o :blink: his little foot is really 'turned out' and I don't think that he would remember to 'milk it'........

oh i wouldn't be too sure about that...i used to work with a childrens gym, had a child who hurt her foot and carried on as if it was hurt for 6 weeks after it was mended! we kept getting it checked out but she was fine...just scared it would hurt if she used it properly! :o :blink:

Bless him, maybe he is going for the sympathy for a bit longer. One of our little girls was dropped off a few weeks ago on the Monday morning, mum said she had been complaining of a poorly leg all weekend and had been using a cushion on the floor to get around on, she was going to take her to the doctors later that morning.

As soon as she saw her friends, after mum put her down she shot off to play as if nothing had ever happened, when mum came back for her an hour later for the doctors appointment she was shocked to hear that she hadn't mentioned the "leg thing" in all that time - there wasn't anything wrong with her leg at all.

Thank you finleysmaid - I had thought that I would ask mum about physio on Friday.......

I'm probably worrying about nothing but I was a bit shocked this morning - granny said and I quote "he's dragging it a bit but we think he's just milking it" :o :blink: his little foot is really 'turned out' and I don't think that he would remember to 'milk it'........

So..........one of my lovely boys suffered a fractured leg a few weeks back - cast on - now removed (2 weeks ago)

My question is - should his leg be returned to 'normal' or would you expect to see him 'dragging' it and his foot to be 'turned out'?

Is this just muscles that need to start to work again?

I was really quite concerned when I saw him this morning - didn't want to say too much as it was granny dropping him off - will see mum on Friday........

It is quite normal for the foot to turn (because they get used to moving it in a cast, and then continue afterwards as if it is still on), it can take some weeks for this to correct, I seem to recall....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)