Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

policy updates

Dear all,

I am quite new to this, I hope I am in the right place!

I need to update all my policies - the exsisting ones are good however they are not number as in the eyfs format ie: - 1-1 1-2 1-3 etc

Do I file them in this order and have individual files per catagory or as a whole.

Suggestions are good please.

Hi maymaymay and welcome to forum :)

Our policies are all in one folder and not numbered in anyway( also gave up on alphabetical as every time I added a new one they all had to be moved) I try to keep the ones that I want parents to be most aware of at the front, inspected a couple of months ago and nothing was mentioned.

Yes I do the same and our last Ofsted said she liked them (and believe me she didn't say that much!!! :blink: )

I used to number the pages of each policy but just as Mouse63 says, it all has to be changed every time you review or add a new policy.

A little tip my husband taught me when he saw me updating my policies the other week - there is a Word tool called 'track changes'. It keeps a record of past documents so that you have evidence of when changes were made. Saves keeping lots of copies.

Honey

• Like 1

We keep the original but slip a page of amendments in the poly pocket, far too expensive and time consuming to do the whole thing again. Word tool sounds good but I hope one day to be the ex chair and this way its easier to pass things on!

hi,

just a quick question regarding policies... i am new to all this and have been asked to update the policies and procedures as it had been some time, the previous ones do not have a update and review date on them at all, just a sheet at the front signed by staff and parents when they have been read stating that they have been updated. is it statutory to have a date on each of the update and review?

Thanks, Lucy x

actually can I ask something in this thread I am updating ours right now and just passed them on to the committee to look at and add to, comment on etc... so that they can be changed in the next committee meeting next week, however my chair has now been told that we should not change or update policies until the AGM. This doesn't feel right to me as a year is a long time and there may be all sorts of reasons why you may wish to change before this? surely as long as it goes to committee and is passed at a meeting and that everyone has a chance to input into it, that should be ok?

Edited by Johanna1

• 2 weeks later...

actually can I ask something in this thread I am updating ours right now and just passed them on to the committee to look at and add to, comment on etc... so that they can be changed in the next committee meeting next week, however my chair has now been told that we should not change or update policies until the AGM. This doesn't feel right to me as a year is a long time and there may be all sorts of reasons why you may wish to change before this? surely as long as it goes to committee and is passed at a meeting and that everyone has a chance to input into it, that should be ok?

I agree with you - it can't be right, what if it was a safeguarding update??? It would need adding straightaway.

Maybe you need to check where she got her information

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Thanks for the tips. Does anyone have a EYFS policy for nursery that relates to the new document? Would appreciate tremdously!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)