Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lovely moment....

Froglet

I sometimes (often) feel like I haven't got it right with my class but today had a lovely moment I wanted to share. This morning we'd talked about the different Easter jobs we had to do today. When everyone set off one little boy went straight to his favourite construction area. A short while later he came back with a red mobilo layer and then two short yellow pieces joined together - look I've made a chick and its nest! A short while later he appears again with a bigger triangle made of yellow - now there's a mummy chick, because it's bigger. We took photos. A further reappearance - with 2 more chicks: one big and one small. Now I have a daddy too and this one could be a brother or sister chick. I had to make the nest bigger too because they couldn't all fit one. He later appears again with two of the longest blue pieces joined together in a triangle - that's the granny chick cos it's even bigger. I've even made the nest so it opens and they can go outside. They can still all fit on even when the doors are open! It was just so sweet. I have photos of ever stage and it's going to make a lovely page in his learning journey.

• Like 10

Moments like that make it all worthwhile don't they. Yesterday afternoon we only had six children and we had a short appearance of spring like weather, so we went to our little play park. Well two hours later we got back to school with six of the happiest children and two of the happiest staff!! For two hours we had all used our imaginations to play on the wooden train and the bridge (not much at our park) The children amazed me with their imaginations and their skills at playing together with no falling out. Who needs expensive toys!! It was a really nice way to finish the term yesterday and I went home feeling that those children had, had such a great afternoon of fun and had all gone home so happy and tired!! :D

• Like 2